Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good evening, I purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset in June 2023, and it has worked well, but yesterday when I picked it up to play, I noticed the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MichaelPatrick23, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked

Good evening,

I purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset in June 2023, and it has worked well, but yesterday when I picked it up to play, I noticed the plastic cased around the mic had randomly become cracked. I did not drop the headset, and from what I've discovered on these forums, it is a known defect.

I called customer support, and unfortunately, they informed me the product only had a 3 month warranty. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and I was told they would call me back as they were in "a very important meeting with upper management," but to no surprise, I never got a call back.

Is Microsoft's best solution to just go buy another $100 headset when there is a known defect? I've found hundreds and hundreds of posters complaining about this issue both here and on other forums.

At the very least, shouldn't the warranty be extended given a known defect? It seems like the casing tends to break just outside the warranty period.

I've owned various headsets for 20+ years, and I've never had the cased randomly break from standard usage.

:)

MichaelPatrick23, Nov 8, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello MichaelPatrick23, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with your Xbox Wireless Headset.

I understand your frustration, especially since it seems to be a common problem that other users have also reported

Here are some suggestions you might consider:

Contact Microsoft Support Again: Even though you've already contacted customer support, it might be helpful to try again. Sometimes speaking to a different agent can result in a different solution

Headphone repair: If you feel comfortable doing it, you could try repairing the headphones yourself. Guides are available online, such as at Instructables

which could help you repair the broken plastic case.

Comments and reviews: Consider leaving comments and reviews online about the issue you are experiencing. Not only will this increase awareness of the issue, but it could also put pressure on Microsoft to take action.

Contact a consumer protection office: Depending on the consumer protection laws in your country, you may be entitled to a free repair or replacement if the product you purchased has a major defect.

To conclude and not more importantly, remember that I am a player just like you, only that in this case my position is as an independent advisor, therefore my work tool is my brain and knowledge, therefore I will always try to help until the end.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Continue using my Co Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Warranty claim

I bought the headset on March 19, 2022 direct from the Microsoft web site. I've only had it a month. I am currently going through the same issue.

I was able to get a warranty claim and I'm sending in my headset.

Never dropped the headset.

I only noticed the issue because I was getting a constant static/feedback whenever the microphone picked up my voice or any background noise. It was coming through on Xbox Live and the Mic Monitoring.

I think the plastic housing for the microphone is cracking from the pressure of muting the microphone or moving your finger around to press where the mute button it located. Everyone here has a near identical issue with the mic boom housing. That is where the mute button is located. Otherwise its from maneuvering the mic boom when in use.

Overtime the plastic part is cracking from repeated use. It's the only thing that makes any sense.

I'll try to be more careful with the replacement.

It's probably a design flaw.
  4. Continue using my Co Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Warranty claim

I just got my headset back a couple of weeks ago and the new one broke in the exact same spot. This is ridiculous.

The base of the mic boom where the Mute button is located extends out past the earcup. So if you place the headset down on the side where the microphone is located it cracks the plastic part.
  5. Callosity Win User

Xbox Wireless headset repair

Hey, you’re not alone with this issue. I also just had this happen to me. There’s another forum post that I just found with the same issue and posted my full reply to the headphone microphone casing cracking out of nowhere and the response from Microsoft. I’m hoping to find out if they know this is an issue with their design and what they intend to do. Such as extending the warranty and offering repairs or replacements due to creating a microphone that’s supposed to bend plastic which will eventually crack the damn housing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-wireless-headset-warranty-claim/555a5b2d-7175-4448-b9c0-7782c0ebb503?rtAction=1647350050566
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]The WarHead headset may be wireless, but its mic plug sinto the headset itself

[/quote]No it does not.

The Tritton Warhead is the only fully wireless 360 headset, and this:
    My only question is how would you know which controller quadrent it'd be paired to in the case of multiple users./controllers.
    is
    why. It is the only headset that "pairs" with the 360.

Anything wireless won't work. The mic on the Tritton Warhead is wireless. The mic won't work.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset - Plastic Casing around Mic randomly Cracked - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Plastic

2. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  3. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  4. Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off: Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips for hie to fix this issue To explain it in more detail: The headset turn on audio is heard and light turns white once green button is pressed in the...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  6. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  7. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  8. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke: Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my...
  9. Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft wireless headset plastic issue: Has anyone had problems with the plastic by the mic button crumble? I noticed where mine broke. It broke by a small screw that was threaded into it but I don’t know where it went. Mine is less...
  10. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed: My xbox wireless headset has recently broke. The plastic casing around the base of the microphone has cracked. Causing the microphone to fall from the headset and the mute button to fall out....