Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm still not seeing a solution to this. I just switched over to PC. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox Dongle so that I could use my Xbox Wireless... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by crthomp167, Dec 4, 2023.

1. crthomp167
    crthomp167 Guest

I'm still not seeing a solution to this. I just switched over to PC. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox Dongle so that I could use my Xbox Wireless Controller and Wireless Heaset without having to use Bluetooth.
    They both connect fine. The controller works with no issue.
    The headset connects, Windows 11 sees it as a headset. Sound and Mic work.
    Here's the problem... even if you're just listening to music, the sound cuts out for a split second every 5 - 10 seconds.
    I turned off the spatial sound enhancers. Doesn't fix the issue.
    I did a pairing wipe on the headset and plugged it directly into the PC via USB cable.
    Now, plugged in via USB, it doesn't completely cut out, but you can definitely hear a slight stutter/chop every 5 - 10 seconds.
    The headset works just fine on the Xbox and connected to my phone via Bluetooth.
    Sooooo why does this Headset not work well on a PC?

:)

crthomp167, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your headset on your PC. Here are some possible solutions that might help you fix the issue:
    * Update your audio drivers: Make sure that your audio drivers are up-to-date. You can check for updates by going to the device manager on your PC and selecting the appropriate option.

* Check your audio settings: Make sure that your audio settings are configured correctly. You can do this by going to the sound settings on your PC and selecting the appropriate option.

I hope this helps.
  3. Smokie McCrack8 Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter Choppy Audio

I would love it if this was properly addressed.

I'm using a SteelSeries Arctic 9 headset with the Xbox dongle when I hardwired directly to the PC (using 3.5 mm jack) everything sounds beautiful and Dolby Atmos comes through Crystal clean only problem is it cuts off my mic. but as soon as I use the dongle it becomes completely busted. choppy stuttering and sometimes disconnecting audio. Voicemeter banana helps a little. But I believe the main problem lies in the fact that the Xbox adapter will not go above. Two channel 16 bit 4800 Hz DVD quality.(sounds / playback / headphones Xbox controller properties /advanced/default format). I have been researching for months on end used multiple headsets updated every driver on both headset and windows the only thing that makes sense is the dongle. Please fix this. it's completely obnoxious.
  4. NEVER_FEAR Win User

Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

I used wired when I play PC for both Controller and headset. On xbox, I use a wireless controller, but a wired headset.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Corsair gaming headset

Headsets for Xbox One dont work with USB or dongles at all, only wired or wireless compatible 😁✌️
  6. The Golden Ghost Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Distorted Sound

Yesterday (12/1/2021), I experienced extremely choppy audio in Warzone. Thinking this may be a wireless issue, I unplugged the XBox Wireless Adapter and used the USB-C port for audio (USB-C to USB-C). Guess what? I still had choppy audio on the Xbox Wireless headset! I switched to an older 3.5 mm headphone, and the audio was fine.

I think switching to a wired headset is a good idea at this point, as the Scruffy Fuzzy said above.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Choppy

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off: Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips for hie to fix this issue To explain it in more detail: The headset turn on audio is heard and light turns white once green button is pressed in the...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  9. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC: I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the...
  10. Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless): Anybody else have this problem? It's just in apps, audio works fine in games. submitted by /u/serialkillerx87 [link] [comments]