Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jex the Ripper, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

Hey there! I have an Xbox Wireless Headset (just warranted a few months ago) and I stream games from my Xbox Series X to OBS-Twitch on my ROG laptop. Since November my headset has connected to the laptop with no issues, has played the game audio AND desktop audio beautifully and has allowed my voice to be heard through OBS all at the same time.

Today I went to stream and suddenly my mic was not being registered by my laptop and the desktop sound can no longer be heard in my headset unless it is plugged in directly through a USB to the laptop. I've hard reset the headset, reset it to factory settings, updated it, updated the laptop and the xbox app. My mic is now sometimes being picked up by the laptop yet still no laptop audio is being recieved by the headset.

Is this a software bug or is there anyway I can get assistance on this issue?

:)

Jex the Ripper, Feb 6, 2024
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Laptop speakers to series x contoller to hear series x audio

Hello Dead, sorry to hear you're having audio trouble.

I'm afraid that hooking a wire to your laptop may not work for audio. You would need to get yourself a proper wired or wireless headset for the console.
  3. XBF - Dom Win User

PC wireless adaptor audio control

Thank you! Is it possible that your Xbox Wireless Headset displays as more than one audio device in your audio device list? (ex: Wireless Headset Stereo, Wireless Headset - Hands Free AG)
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]If the cable imput is only for audio then there would be absolutely no way for the mic to work on the headset to begin with.[/quote]The physical boom mic, or the chat audio?

This question/conversation is not about the physical boom mic, it's about the chat audio.
    That said, there's no reason that the headset should work but not the mic, except maybe the protocols.
    It's the wireless
    protocol that won't work.

See
    this wireless headset
    ? The only thing this wireless headset does is handle chat conversations between other Xbox Live members. You don't get regular game audio through it. To function, the wireless headset pairs with the 360 console and runs over the same
    wireless protocol as 360 controllers. Tritton integrated the functionality of that wireless headset into their own. The Warhead's base station has a pairing button, just like the wireless headset. The base station takes care of mixing the chat audio and the
    game audio, but without that pairing to the 360 there's no way to get chat audio into the base station.

Microsoft explicitly stated that the wireless protocol between the Xbox One and its accessories is different than the protocol used by 360 accessories. Because the wireless headset uses these same protocols, it won't work on the Xbox One. By extension, the
    wireless pairing that the Warhead does with the 360 console won't work with the Xbox One console.

The Tritton Warhead is a headset designed for use only with the Xbox 360. Without a 360 console, it becomes a regular set of headphones, rendering the boom mic useless. If all you want to do is listen to game audio, that's not a dealbreaker.
    If you want to talk to other gamers in realtime, you're looking at buying a new headset.

Astro? Turtle Beach? Their wireless headsets will work with the Xbox One, including their mics, because they all currently plug into the 360 controller for chat audio. The controller handles the wireless link to the 360 for the chat audio, but from the audio
    port on the controller to the headset is all bog standard 2.5mm headset territory. MS is working on an adapter to allow older 360-compatible headset cables to attach to the new Xbox One controller, again allowing headsets to piggyback on the controller for
    chat audio. The Warhead? Out of luck. No cable, no piggyback.

It's this tight coupling to the 360's wireless protocol for chat audio that caused me to ignore the Warhead's development and shipment to market. As soon as I saw that it was bound to the 360, I said this is going to end badly for a $300 headset. My Astro
    A40s with a Mixamp 5.8? My friend's Astro A50s? They'll both be fully functional with the Xbox One.
  5. SpeedyBlueDude Win User

question about the 360 wireless earpiece from microsoft

The OFFICAL Wireless Xbox Headseat is CHAT ONLY. There is no way to get game audio out of the headset.

-

So game audio=Tv

Chat/Party=Headset
  6. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly

1. Xbox Wireless Headset not playing laptop audio suddenly - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset playing

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off: Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips for hie to fix this issue To explain it in more detail: The headset turn on audio is heard and light turns white once green button is pressed in the...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  9. Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...

in XboX Insiders
    Disconnecting headset (wireless/wired) causes video in Youtube and Dashboard audio to play...: Hi all, noticed this a couple weeks back but it's still doing it now. Happens 100% of the time with the wireless headset, 50+% of the time with wired. How to reproduce: Connect a wireless headset...
  10. Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?: So, I'm really annoyed at repetitive game sounds coming from my kid's Xbox 360 and the TV and decided I'd get him a wireless headset so that I can silence the TV. To my surprise, it seems to only...