Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke

Discus and support Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mich S8286, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Mich S8286
    Mich S8286 Guest

Microphone plastic casing broke and I have seen an insane amount of people with the same issue. Is microsoft doing anything about this? I tried going through the site for warranty but it says my warranty expired over a month before I even purchased them. Customer service is impossible to reach which is totally unacceptable. They were purchased on December 2nd as a christmas gift so they weren't even opened and used until December 25th and broke today April 3rd, which is just over 3 months. I am incredibly annoyed that a $100+ product didn't even last more than a few months and they certainly weren't abused and never left the house.

:)

Mich S8286, Apr 4, 2024
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Microphone casing on wireless headset broke

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Bradley

If your headset it’s on warranty you can request a free replacement from here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices?refd=acco...

But if the warranty it’s over unfortunately you may need to get the headset repaired or get a new pair if you’re not able to find an authorized repair center in your city
  3. Panzerboom Win User

Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke and unable to get fixed

This is insane. I got the same headset in June 2022 and have the exact same issue at the exact same spot! The plastic crumbled and I had the mute/unmute button with broken plastic in my hand. My warranty expired in October 2022 and I would fight tooth and nail to get this replaced. This is 100% a quality control issue and Microsoft should take ownership of this.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Master, unfortunately if the headset is out of warranty and the only solution I can recommend is to look for some technical assistance specialized in Games to see if they can help you.

I have the same headset, bought it at launch but haven't had this kind of problem yet.
  5. Triumph RiderJhQs2 Win User

Not 1 BUT 2...2 Microsoft Headsets broke in the EXACT same area. TWO!!! So Georges, you are sadly mistaken my friend. I think tons of people have this issue, they just don't say anything or report it. You don't think Microsoft knows about the janky plastic they are using??? Please.

I like the headset, especially for $100, but after 2 have broken in the same area...nope, won't buy another set from Microsoft at all. This is insanity.
  6. Continue using my Co Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Warranty claim

I just got my headset back a couple of weeks ago and the new one broke in the exact same spot. This is ridiculous.

The base of the mic boom where the Mute button is located extends out past the earcup. So if you place the headset down on the side where the microphone is located it cracks the plastic part.
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless headset - microphone plastic casing broke - Similar Threads - wireless headset microphone

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off: Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips for hie to fix this issue To explain it in more detail: The headset turn on audio is heard and light turns white once green button is pressed in the...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  9. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Microphone Casing Damaged: I was gifted the Xbox Wireless Headset as a gift for Christmas 2023. Only about a month after the gift, I'm plugging in my headset and feel a piece of plastic in my hand. I look down and a...