Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought the Starfield version of the Xbox Wireless Headset. I really want to like it, but my experience has been downright abysmal since I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanChatfield, Jun 16, 2023.

1. DanChatfield
    DanChatfield Guest

Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...

Hi,

I just bought the Starfield version of the Xbox Wireless Headset. I really want to like it, but my experience has been downright abysmal since I started using it with my PC.

First, I tried connecting it by bluetooth. This is the worst experience I have ever had, it's downright unusable on Bluetooth mode. Low quality audio, barely connecting to the PC, just horrible with no sense of redemption whatsoever.

No worries, I have the Wireless Adapter for my controllers, I should be able to connect to that and have everything be alright, right?

NOPE!

It starts off well, sounding good, then a few minutes later the audio starts to get choppy, low quality, and very distorted. Eventually the audio just straight up cuts out, and I have to wait to reconnect. The adapter is warm to the touch, but I've never had an issue with my controllers before. This is unacceptable to me, I have no idea why this is happening and looking up solutions online has been of zero help. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Otherwise I might have to return these nice headphones, and I really don't want to do that.

:)

DanChatfield, Jun 16, 2023
  2. Hank Moody2 Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops, then reconnects.

Can't get the starfield headset to stay connected to PC.

Once sound play, it immediately disconnects.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops, then reconnects.

Hi DanChatfield,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. DanChatfield Win User

Hi,

I live in an apartment building and have little control over devices that could be causing interference.

The firmware and bluetooth drivers are updated

The headset is paired

the volume isn't an issue

I have absolutely 0 idea what is going on.

Here's a forum post with 76 replies, all having the same issue as me, without any fixes whatsoever: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t/54884eb1-4ad3-46f6-80d1-a6915a9fbabd?page=1

I have absolutely no idea what to do at this point
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello DanChatfield,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are experiencing audio issues with your Xbox Wireless Headset on your Windows PC. This could be caused by various factors, such as interference, low battery, outdated drivers, or incorrect settings. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

- Make sure your headset is fully charged and within range of your PC.

- Check if there are any devices nearby that could cause interference, such as microwaves, cordless phones, wireless routers, etc. If possible, move them away or turn them off.

- Update your headset firmware and your PC's Bluetooth drivers to the latest versions. You can use the Xbox Accessories app on your PC to update your headset firmware.

- Make sure your headset is paired correctly with your PC and set as the default audio device. You can check this in the Sound settings on your PC.

- Adjust the audio balance and equalizer settings on your headset using the Xbox Accessories app on your PC. You may need to lower the volume or bass level if they are too high.

Please see: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

We are looking forward for your response.
  6. Dan_B27 Win User

xbox wireless headset firmware update 0.0.9.50

sadly I think these headsets are just not very good. I always get my hopes up a firmware update will make this headset usable, but every time I'm let down, this update is no different, audio issues remain. I bought the wireless adapter for windows and that lessened the frequency of cutouts vs bluetooth, but I still get cutouts and crackling/distortion on multiple PCs using the adapter.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,... - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset has

2. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  3. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  4. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X: (I know this is a Known Issue - but I have no audio at all) My Xbox Wireless Headset has barely any audio on Series X - I am able to get audio for a few seconds, but then cuts out and won't come...
  6. my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken: my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken , it was purchased march 2022 , on looking it seems a weak point on the headset where the mic is , how do i go about getting a replacement or can they be...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...: The title pretty much says it, it doesn't show up in the app, unless i plug it in via usb-c cable. It does connect though, but it has 2 audio devices, one has awful audio, and the other one is ok....
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset Volume Wheel Has fallen off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Volume Wheel Has fallen off.: Hi, The volume dial on Xbox Wireless Headset has fallen off. Doesn't seem to be able to be reattached. Looks like glue has degraded overtime and just seems to be some sort of lubricant on the...
  9. Has Microsoft acknowledged a fix for wireless headset connection problems? My very...

in XboX Insiders
    Has Microsoft acknowledged a fix for wireless headset connection problems? My very...: Ive had the Arctis 9x xbox version for like 5 months. I havent used them in almost.......5 months. The audio connection is absolutely terrible. It makes the headset basically useless since all you...
  10. Who has the best completly wireless headset for the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Who has the best completly wireless headset for the console?: I’ve only ever used turtle beach until recently, i’m really enjoying my astro a40’s. f2289042-8265-40ae-9583-58dbabd26de0