Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; (I know this is a Known Issue - but I have no audio at all) My Xbox Wireless Headset has barely any audio on Series X - I am able to get audio for a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xDT2326, Jul 17, 2023.

1. /u/xDT2326
    /u/xDT2326 Guest

(I know this is a Known Issue - but I have no audio at all)

My Xbox Wireless Headset has barely any audio on Series X - I am able to get audio for a few seconds, but then cuts out and won't come back at all. I have tried this on multiple games and apps. I have a Dolby Atmos licence (I have tried turning DA off but no luck). My Xbox show's that my Headset is connected.

I have tried resetting my Headset and downloading updates too.

I have my Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my PC at the same time and that works perfectly fine. I have tried resetting my Xbox twice and also removing the console from the Insider Programme and re-joining but no luck there either.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if so, have you found a fix?

submitted by /u/xDT2326
    [link] [comments]

/u/xDT2326, Jul 17, 2023
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox 360 series controller

For xbox one controllers and xbox series controllers

by bluetooth if your pc has this (does not support audio passthrough so no headest support via controller).

by wire (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)

by purchasing the xbox wireless adapter for pc (this supports audio passthough for headsets via controller)
  3. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

One S headsets

Well, if you need a wireless headset, I recommend this one Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox as it is compatible with Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

My grandson has an Xbox connected to a monitor. No tv. How can I connect a soundboard to that setup without a tv?

Hello Deborah, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

It depends on the console. If he has an Xbox up to the One X then there should be an Optical Port on the back. Most sound bars will offer an optical in option for this as they offer a really good audio option for the console. If he's using the Xbox Series X or S then the Optical Port is not a feature so he would need to purchase either an Xbox compatable Wireless headset or a wired headset that can plug into his controller.
  6. SpaceTerraMoto Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Distorted Sound

It' not the headset per se but Microsoft's Xbox Wireless technology. I've had the same issue (pulse-like heavy distortion coming and going) since the first day I've started using this wireless protocol a year ago with a Stealth 700x and my Xbox One X. It persisted across the Xbox Wireless Headset (returned) on One X and Windows 10 using the Xbox Wireless Adapter, and later the Razer Kaira Pro. A month ago, a third device got added - Xbox Series X, et voil here is the same old issue again using Stealth 700X and Kaira Pro.

After all I went through, I believe there's only one fix: avoid Xbox Wireless Protocol at all cost.

Now unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a wireless headset on the market that sounds good, has a decent mic and connects to Xbox and Windows using it's own proprietary protocol (not Xbox Wireless) while being able to add Bluetooth voice and audio to the mix.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset has

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset has random moments where the audio gets very distorted, then stops,...: Hi, I just bought the Starfield version of the Xbox Wireless Headset. I really want to like it, but my experience has been downright abysmal since I started using it with my PC. First, I tried...
  6. my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken: my sons xbox wireless x headset has broken , it was purchased march 2022 , on looking it seems a weak point on the headset where the mic is , how do i go about getting a replacement or can they be...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...: The title pretty much says it, it doesn't show up in the app, unless i plug it in via usb-c cable. It does connect though, but it has 2 audio devices, one has awful audio, and the other one is ok....
  8. Xbox Wireless Headset Volume Wheel Has fallen off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Volume Wheel Has fallen off.: Hi, The volume dial on Xbox Wireless Headset has fallen off. Doesn't seem to be able to be reattached. Looks like glue has degraded overtime and just seems to be some sort of lubricant on the...
  9. Has Microsoft acknowledged a fix for wireless headset connection problems? My very...

in XboX Insiders
    Has Microsoft acknowledged a fix for wireless headset connection problems? My very...: Ive had the Arctis 9x xbox version for like 5 months. I havent used them in almost.......5 months. The audio connection is absolutely terrible. It makes the headset basically useless since all you...
  10. Who has the best completly wireless headset for the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Who has the best completly wireless headset for the console?: I’ve only ever used turtle beach until recently, i’m really enjoying my astro a40’s. f2289042-8265-40ae-9583-58dbabd26de0