Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working

Discus and support Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought the Xbox wireless gaming headset for my PC. I’m using Windows 10 and Discord chat client. For some reason when I’m in game I can’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Citizen Cook, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Citizen Cook
    Citizen Cook Guest

I recently bought the Xbox wireless gaming headset for my PC. I’m using Windows 10 and Discord chat client. For some reason when I’m in game I can’t adjust the voice/game mix and when I engage chat while watching a YouTube video for example the volume on the video cuts out while the Discord chat is active.

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming***

:)

Citizen Cook, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Citizen Cook,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Citizen Cook,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Citizen Cook,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to play with your friends however you had issues with the Xbox headset that hinders your gaming experience. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, you have tried using the Xbox headset by gaming and chatting with your friend. Where adjusting of voice or game mix and watching videos while chatting is not working. May we ask if you have tried to record this two concerns of yours? We would like to ask for a screen recording for us to better understand the issue. Please send it via Private Message, click on this link: Private Message | Microsoft Community or go to your Profile (Citizen Cook) and select View Private Messages.

1. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    2. Are you having similar issues when using different headset?
    3. Do you have other audio or microphone output aside from headset that you connect on PC?
    4. May we ask for your PC OS version and build? Please do that by searching winver on your Windows search bar and run command.

[​IMG]

Please check these support articles related to your concern:

Set up and configure your Xbox Wireless Headset | Xbox Support

Xbox Wireless Headset FAQ | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Listed mia 510 Win User

How do I adjust chat/game volume on astros?

6) Select Bitstream format and then select Dolby Digital.

Configuring the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter

By default, the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter will output both game audio and voice audio which will render the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset unusable. Follow the below steps to set the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to only output voice audio which
    will correct this.

1) Set the mixer on the A50 Wireless Headset to full voice audio. To do this, hold down the voice button on the A50 Wireless Headset until you hear two beeps. Two beeps is an indication that you have fully mixed towards either game or voice depending on
    what button you was holding.

2) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the chat audio button until you hear a beep. At this point, you should only be able to hear voice audio from your Xbox One.

3) On the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, hold down the plus button until the voice audio no longer increases.

That's all that's to it! You will now be able to use the microphone from your A50 Wireless Headset on your Xbox One and the mixer will work as intended allowing you to mix between game audio and voice audio with ease. Should you have any further questions
    regarding the A50 Wireless Headset and Xbox One, please feel free to post them on this thread and we'll respond as quickly as possible with an answer for you.

This seems to be the same for the Xo7 as well. My co worker said there is not even a volume control turn dial at all.

IMO this is not ok.

That copy paste is saying turn your game audio off to be able to adjust your voice volume.
  6. wilsman Win User

Headset work only when the Controller USB cable conected

Yes. As soon as the controller is in "wired" mode the headset works fine(audio in and out), But when in "wireless" mode "voice coming out of the headset" works but "voice coming into the headset" doesn't work. Maicrosofiti BR, did you say when you bought
    a new controller the wireless now works fine with the headset?
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working - Similar Threads - wireless headset game

2. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  3. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  4. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  5. Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor Quality Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black model:...: What is going on with your Microsoft Xbox Wireless Over-the-Head Bluetooth Gaming Headset, Black (model: TLL-00001)?! Three headsets bought, 2 of them broke in the exact same spot and yet you...
  6. steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one: steelseries arctis 7x wireless gaming headset for xbox one how reconnected on Xbox one with out plug wire to headset to the controller 6a87487c-dc74-43ab-9150-4e6b796dfe63
  7. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??: My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second...
  8. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  9. My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party: I have tried updating it, plugging in to Xbox, plugging into controller, and everyday it’ll randomly start bugging out saying I need to change my party chat mixer. Any ideas would help or should I...
  10. Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Headset Game/Xbox Audio Not Functioning: Hello and thank you for fielding this question in advance. I have had my wireless headset for 4 years now and has not given me any issue previously. However, recently I have had issues with...