Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor

Discus and support Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a brand new Xbox Wireless Headset which works perfectly on my Xbox Series X that I have connected to my PC running Windows 11 using an Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Magitekk, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Magitekk
    Magitekk Guest

Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor

I have a brand new Xbox Wireless Headset which works perfectly on my Xbox Series X that I have connected to my PC running Windows 11 using an Xbox Wireless Adapter (not Bluetooth).

The issue I'm facing is that the left earcup wheel that controls the Game Audio vs Chat Audio (Chatmix) doesn't work at all. I have the latest updates on Win11, the headset and the drivers used for the Wireless Adapter, my headset also shows up on the xbox accesories app and everything works but the chatmix.

According to this FAQ "Game/chat audio balance works on PC if you’re connected with an Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10".

How can I use the chatmix feature with my Xbox Wireless Headset on Windows 11?

:)

Magitekk, Mar 29, 2022
  2. AndersWWW Win User

I have the same headset and adapter, and i have put it away just because i needed the chatmix to work on PC. I would also like to know exactly WHY Microsoft Are unable to make this work on PC. I suspect the adapter is not working at all the same way as the Xbox does regarding communication with the headset, which is incredible considering the fact that Microsoft makes both Xbox, headset, adapter, PC and operating system, and any customer is forced to use the adapter to achieve even a barely acceptable sound on PC. It is basically not usable for me at all, only as a last resort if my old wired headset (with a working chatmix!!!) stops working.
  3. VirtualInit Win User

Thanks for your answer, then they should stop pretending like that is working and remove that from the FAQ.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

unfortunately not yet, gamebar is used to alter the volumes only, the chat mixer on the headset and on various controllers are for console only currently.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One PC Wireless Adapter

Hi,

I'm afraid the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for PC is only compatible with Windows 10, it doesn't work with Windows 7.
  6. Fergal Mc Keown Win User

I am trying to get my Xbox series X Controller to vibrate on windows 11 while playing games over Bluetooth.

“If you want to use features beyond basic control, you have to do it using either USB or the wireless adapter.”

I bought a Xbox wireless adaptor for windows, and the Rumble feature now works on Windows 11.

Thank you for the suggestion SwordofWhedon, as my problem is now Solved.
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor - Similar Threads - wireless headset chatmix

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset turns on, blinks and turns off: Hey I was wondering if anyone has any tips for hie to fix this issue To explain it in more detail: The headset turn on audio is heard and light turns white once green button is pressed in the...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  9. Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Beeping noise coming from wireless headset when on microsoft edge: I have a wireless headset and when I go on microsoft Edge to watch something I hear a beep noise. This noise seems to be completely random sometimes happening 3-4 times in a short span or i...
  10. Wireless headset mic broken , is this fixable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset mic broken , is this fixable: My mic has broken off my headset , is this repairable 1bffb11b-8023-4be7-9226-ee1bae3a007b