Xbox Wireless Headset - Chat Audio Not Working - Feedback Please

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Headset - Chat Audio Not Working - Feedback Please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have one headset that is not working as it should. We have tried numerous solutions online to remedy with no luck. I have a few of these and a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuMeRiaN, Jul 27, 2022.

1. SuMeRiaN
    SuMeRiaN Guest

We have one headset that is not working as it should. We have tried numerous solutions online to remedy with no luck. I have a few of these and a few X's as well. The game audio works great, the mic works great however the voice chat audio does not. I am 90% sure it is an issue with the hardware but before I buy again I wanted to post for some feedback from the community.

I sync the headset w/ the XBOX and it performs exactly as described above. Turn off the wireless headset plug in any wired headset and everything works as it should, I can hear chat audio from teammates. Grab my favorite USB C cable and sync two other identical XBOX wireless headsets to this same console and like magic they both work exactly as they should including the chat audio.

Grab the wireless headset that does not have chat audio and take it to any of the other X's again syncing with my favorite USB C cable and resetting the headset to the factory defaults. The headset continues to have the same issue on the other X's, no audio chat.

Should be noted, I am testing in Fortnite.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

SuM

:)

SuMeRiaN, Jul 27, 2022
  2. SuMeRiaN Win User

When we landed in our new spot a week ago I updated all of the headsets and controllers. I will however confirm this in a few minutes. Sadly I feel the same, its likely a hardware issue. Yes the lack of audio chat is present on three X's after syncing and resetting to defaults each time. I purchased another XBOX wireless headset a few moments ago. Thanks for chiming in!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this SuMeRiaN

Do you know if the headset firmware is up to date and everything?

Also, try using the headset with a different game just to test

If this is happening even with a different console, sadly something’s wrong with the wireless headset and needs to be inspected to find the exact issue

Hope you can find this helpful, feel free to ask further questions or share extra feedback if necessary

Greetings from another Microsoft user
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, maybe in the traveling process something happened to the headset.

Is hard to tell

But yes, the next step will be get the Wireless headset serviced buddy
  5. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

[quote user="EvilTwinGX"]If the cable imput is only for audio then there would be absolutely no way for the mic to work on the headset to begin with.[/quote]The physical boom mic, or the chat audio?

This question/conversation is not about the physical boom mic, it's about the chat audio.
    That said, there's no reason that the headset should work but not the mic, except maybe the protocols.
    It's the wireless
    protocol that won't work.

See
    this wireless headset
    ? The only thing this wireless headset does is handle chat conversations between other Xbox Live members. You don't get regular game audio through it. To function, the wireless headset pairs with the 360 console and runs over the same
    wireless protocol as 360 controllers. Tritton integrated the functionality of that wireless headset into their own. The Warhead's base station has a pairing button, just like the wireless headset. The base station takes care of mixing the chat audio and the
    game audio, but without that pairing to the 360 there's no way to get chat audio into the base station.

Microsoft explicitly stated that the wireless protocol between the Xbox One and its accessories is different than the protocol used by 360 accessories. Because the wireless headset uses these same protocols, it won't work on the Xbox One. By extension, the
    wireless pairing that the Warhead does with the 360 console won't work with the Xbox One console.

The Tritton Warhead is a headset designed for use only with the Xbox 360. Without a 360 console, it becomes a regular set of headphones, rendering the boom mic useless. If all you want to do is listen to game audio, that's not a dealbreaker.
    If you want to talk to other gamers in realtime, you're looking at buying a new headset.

Astro? Turtle Beach? Their wireless headsets will work with the Xbox One, including their mics, because they all currently plug into the 360 controller for chat audio. The controller handles the wireless link to the 360 for the chat audio, but from the audio
    port on the controller to the headset is all bog standard 2.5mm headset territory. MS is working on an adapter to allow older 360-compatible headset cables to attach to the new Xbox One controller, again allowing headsets to piggyback on the controller for
    chat audio. The Warhead? Out of luck. No cable, no piggyback.

It's this tight coupling to the 360's wireless protocol for chat audio that caused me to ignore the Warhead's development and shipment to market. As soon as I saw that it was bound to the 360, I said this is going to end badly for a $300 headset. My Astro
    A40s with a Mixamp 5.8? My friend's Astro A50s? They'll both be fully functional with the Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Headset - Chat Audio Not Working - Feedback Please - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset Chat

2. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset is randomly muting party chat: Whenever I'm on my Xbox my party chat will randomly cut out and will only come back on when i tap the side of my Xbox wireless headset with the chat mixer on it. I have already tried updating it...
  4. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  5. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  6. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working: Hello ! The volume mixer on the official Xbox Wireless headset stopped working recently. The last thing I remember doing before noticing the problem was I moved from an Xbox chat group to a...
  7. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC: I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party: I have tried updating it, plugging in to Xbox, plugging into controller, and everyday it’ll randomly start bugging out saying I need to change my party chat mixer. Any ideas would help or should I...
  9. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  10. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...: When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for...