Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10)

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Wireless Controller (2020 model, plugged into my PC via USB) has recently started randomly freezing up where it will stop accepting inputs (and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spencer Crandall, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10)

My Xbox Wireless Controller (2020 model, plugged into my PC via USB) has recently started randomly freezing up where it will stop accepting inputs (and sometimes hold the input that was pressed before it froze). To fix it I have to unplug the controller and re-plug it in.

I have tried updating Windows, the firmware, and my drivers.

System information:

-Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (19045.2846)

:)

Spencer Crandall, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Can you please try to connect it using wired connection and try to update the controller? Thanks!
  3. Spencer Crandall Win User

Hi, the controller is already being used wired (no batteries even in it or anything for it to wirelessly connect to), and I have already updated the firmware with the Xbox Accessories app.
  4. Dericka Win User

5. Spencer Crandall Win User

Yes, I am exclusively using it wired.
  6. Dericka Win User

May I know is the controller freezing when it's connected using wired connection?
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Controller stops responding to inputs randomly (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller stops

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller stopped connecting to PC via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stopped connecting to PC via bluetooth: Hello everyone, I have an Xbox wireless controller for a couple of months now and it was connecting perfectly to my PC via bluetooth. Recently my pc suddenly stopped detecting it. I have a UB400...
  10. Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller stopped connecting to Wireless Adapter for PC: The last couple days I've been mauled by one of the most common issues discussed here. I did my daily routine, start my PC, got my Stream running, the game Loaded, and I turned my Controller on...