xbox wireless controller not charging

Discus and support xbox wireless controller not charging in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have this xbox wireless controller ( i don't know the model) but it is latest ig which used to work fine but now it does'nt charge. I tried changing... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Eastern-Advisor-3740, Dec 27, 2023.

1. xbox wireless controller not charging

I have this xbox wireless controller ( i don't know the model) but it is latest ig which used to work fine but now it does'nt charge. I tried changing the batteries but still it doesn't charge. It only works when i plug in but it stops immediately after plugging out. I never dropped my controller anywhere. I tried updating it but still it doesn't work. Suggestions are welcomed.

submitted by /u/Eastern-Advisor-3740
    [link] [comments]

/u/Eastern-Advisor-3740, Dec 27, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Trying to hook up xbox 360 controller to pc for pc games

Hello im tring to hook up my xbox 360 controller with charge cord....
    H,

That's your problem, right there. Unfortunately, if you connect your wireless Xbox 360 controller with a charging cable, all your doing is charging the controller.

The 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller with the charging cable as neither the controller or the wire were designed to send data this way.

You either need 360 wired controller or an Xbox One controller. Xbox One controllers can use wired or wireless, but wireless is only supported via Windows 10.

Hope that helps.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Trouble with my Xbox 360 Wireless Controller on my PC

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless controller won't work with the play and charge kit on it's own on a PC. The Controller always remains wireless, it can't be changed to a wired controller. To use a 360 wireless controller you'll need an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver.
    Microsoft no longer make these, but it is possible to buy a third party receiver, although installing them can be troublesome.

The Play and charge can be used with the PC, but only to charge the controller. The driver is only designed to automatically sync the controller to the Gaming receiver.

Only the Xbox One controller can be turned into a wired controller with an Xbox One Play and Charge, or a standard USB to Micro USB cable.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Windows 10

I have checked the Device Manager and saw "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit"..
    This is why. The wireless 360 controller is always wireless, it can't be turned into a wired controller. The cable can only charge the battery, it doesn't send data.

To use your wireless controller you need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.
  6. Daphoid Win User

Unable to connect controller to pc

As far as I'm aware, the play and charge controller is only for charging. Unlike the Xbox one controller, it does not turn teh wireless controller into a wired one. When you use the Play and Charge cable, your controller is still talking to the Xbox 360
    wirelessly.

The wireless receiver is your best bet. That or, an actual wired controller.

Hope this helps.

- D
Thema:

xbox wireless controller not charging

1. xbox wireless controller not charging - Similar Threads - wireless controller charging

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  9. How to use official play and charge kit on the Xbox series x wireless controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to use official play and charge kit on the Xbox series x wireless controller?: How to use official play and charge kit made by Microsoft on the Xbox series x wireless controller in black colour original one? Yours sincerely Jevgeni e8822d78-0b36-4d03-848e-820b02b6cc7a
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...