Xbox Wireless Controller Bluetooth function broken after firmware update

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller Bluetooth function broken after firmware update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There appears to be an issue with the latest firmware update to the Xbox controller, in which its ability to connect via Bluetooth has been broken. On... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sodap0p53, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Sodap0p53
    Sodap0p53 Guest

There appears to be an issue with the latest firmware update to the Xbox controller, in which its ability to connect via Bluetooth has been broken.

On Windows 10 PC, this error occurs after attempting to connect:

Xbox Wireless Controller Bluetooth function broken after firmware update [​IMG]

And on smart phones:

Xbox Wireless Controller Bluetooth function broken after firmware update [​IMG]

I have also discovered that this is not specific to my case, as a number of other users have encountered the same problem after updating their controller's firmware to version 3.1.1221.0 (https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/749006-xbox-one-controller-bluetooth-can-not-pair-aga...)

It would appear that this issue affects most or all of users who updated their controller to 3.1.1221.0.

I hope that this is forwarded to the right people, so the issue can be fixed in the next firmware update.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Sodap0p53, Jun 10, 2017
  2. LeeTheENTP
    LeeTheENTP Guest
    Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

UPDATE: After forcing a firmware update even though the firmware is up to date, the Chatpad now works when connected over USB or the USB wireless controller dongle. It still does not work over Bluetooth, however.

LeeTheENTP, Jun 10, 2017
  3. knives0302
    knives0302 Guest
    Xbox One April Update is live tonight

This is probably the best part of this update that I like.

knives0302, Jun 10, 2017
  4. joujoubox1
    joujoubox1 Guest

I have the same issue and it sucks because many others like you and I have it, so I made a giant tread so everyone can let their voice be heard at the same place. Simply comment to it to share your complain.

Fix our controllers - Comment if you have this issue

joujoubox1, Jul 30, 2017
  5. joujoubox1 Win User

6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Difficulty connecting Xbox controller to PC via bluetooth.

Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your controller to your PC. We understand you have the Xbox accessories app and it's updated.

Do you have an Xbox console as well? Did you update your controller via the Xbox console? The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem. You can follow the steps here: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

Please check the following troubleshooting steps here: Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Additional resources:

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

-Hayabusa
  7. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox elite 2 connection to pc issues

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Elite Series 2 controller to your PC.

Do you have an Xbox console as well? Did you update your controller via the Xbox console? The latest Xbox controller firmware update may affect Bluetooth connectivity and performance with some non-Xbox devices. If your controller is having Bluetooth-related issues after a firmware update, you can choose to revert your controller to an earlier firmware version to correct the problem. You can follow the steps here: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

Please check the following troubleshooting steps here: Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Additional resources:

-Hayabusa
  8. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

xbox elite 2 not connecting

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Elite Series 2 controller to your PC.

Additional resources:

-Hayabusa
  9. LeeTheENTP Win User

Xbox One Chatpad not working on Windows 10

UPDATE: After forcing a firmware update even though the firmware is up to date, the Chatpad now works when connected over USB or the USB wireless controller dongle. It still does not work over Bluetooth, however.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Controller Bluetooth function broken after firmware update - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller Bluetooth

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...: I spent weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't connect my Bluetooth devices to Windows 10. I built my pc by myself so for the longest time I thought maybe I had installed something wrong. After...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  8. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC: I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller stopped connecting to PC via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stopped connecting to PC via bluetooth: Hello everyone, I have an Xbox wireless controller for a couple of months now and it was connecting perfectly to my PC via bluetooth. Recently my pc suddenly stopped detecting it. I have a UB400...
  10. An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?: For my question, is there a way where you can play the Xbox Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth, or USB? a8387c65-7485-43fa-a94d-16fccc03ca23