Xbox Wireless Controller blinks once and turns off

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Controller blinks once and turns off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the Xbox wireless controller I use for PC just blinks once and turns off when I press the Xbox button. If I keep holding the the light keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fanfania333, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Fanfania333
    Fanfania333 Guest

So the Xbox wireless controller I use for PC just blinks once and turns off when I press the Xbox button. If I keep holding the the light keeps blinking until I stop holding it. The same also happens when I press the pair button.

The controller works perfectly fine with a cable.

I have found a workaround but I don't understand why it wouldn't just work normally. If I plug the controller to a outlet and then connect it to my PC and then remove the cable it keeps being connected and turned on. But it doesn't turn on or connect if I don't start with the controller plugged into the wall.

I tried changing batteries, but they don't seem to be the issue because the controller keeps on working if I plug into a outlet, connect to pc and unplug it. The firmware is also fully updated.

Thank you.

:)

Fanfania333, Apr 30, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi Fanfania333,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• Was this working properly before?
    • When did the issue started?

If you’re having trouble with your Xbox Wireless Controller, our troubleshooting steps can help. We can also assist with replacing your controller.

Note Many controller issues can be resolved by putting the controller through a complete power cycle. To do so, press and hold the Xbox button until the controller turns off, wait a few seconds, and then turn the controller back on.

If your controller is still having issues powering on, syncing, updating, or with another issue, visit the link below.

Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

If all steps doesn’t solve the issue, your controller needs to be replaced.

Request an Xbox controller replacement

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

Wired Xbox 360 controller blinks once and turns off

Hey there BassmanGB!

Sorry to hear about the controller issue!

Do you happen to have an Xbox 360 console to test the controller with? If so, go ahead and plug in your controller to the console and see if it works. If it works, try a different PC to use the controller with.

If the issue persists, you may need to contact Microsoft Hardware Support. Here are the numbers listed:

• CA Hardware Support: 800-876-8533
    • US Hardware Support: 866-833-7088
    Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes! :)
  5. Bassman2112 Win User

I don't have a 360 to test with, sadly; but I have tried it on the Windows partition of my Macbook Pro and it works.

I may give them a call, haha - thanks a bunch =)

-Alex
  6. Bassman2112 Win User

Apologies for the bump, but having this answered would be great =)

I even just finished doing a fresh format and reinstall of Windows + Drivers, and it still isn't working...
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Controller blinks once and turns off - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller blinks

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  9. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  10. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...