xbox wireless adaptor controller sensitivity issues on PC (windows 10)

Discus and support xbox wireless adaptor controller sensitivity issues on PC (windows 10) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a little bit now, but it has made playing anything on my PC basically unplayable for me. What is happening, say I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Just a Wagon, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Just a Wagon
    Just a Wagon Guest

I have had this problem for a little bit now, but it has made playing anything on my PC basically unplayable for me. What is happening, say I am playing a game which I begin to look slowly to right. After to begin looking to the right it is using the sensitivity of my controller, but very shortly while I am looking to my right it sort of reverts back to the sensitivity of the mouse. The Xbox controller does not disconnect either I still have full control. It is like my PC is trying to switch back the sensitivity of the mouse while still allowing me to use my controller. It has made playing anything with my controller unplayable. It is very annoying whenever I try something to fix it, and I get in game to find myself doing 360s with the slightest move of the stick. In short the sensitivity changes back the sensitivity of the mouse while using the controller. This has never been an issue until of lately, and I am kind of stumped for a solution.

Here are somethings that I have tried (I might forget somethings that I have done)

• Checked my drivers (all up to date)
    • Made sure that I am on the latest version of windows
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the devices connected to the PC adapter and the controller
    • Checked if it was a problem with the Xbox launcher by playing a steam game (this was just a shot in the dark)
    • Tried another controller (same result)
    • Tried plugging the controller in via USB-C (same result with both controllers)
    • Tried both controllers on my Xbox series S (Both work fine on my Xbox series S)

:)

Just a Wagon, Sep 22, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Just a Wagon,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are experiencing issues with your controller sensitivity on your PC. This sounds like a frustrating problem that affects your gaming experience.

There are a few possible causes and solutions for this issue. One of them is to check your controller settings in the Xbox app on your PC. Make sure that the sensitivity is set to your preference and that there are no conflicts with the mouse settings. You can also try to update your controller firmware and drivers, as well as your PC's graphics card drivers. Another possible cause is interference from other wireless devices or USB ports. You can try to use a different USB port for your controller or move away from any sources of interference, such as routers, microwaves, or cordless phones.

Please see: Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows | Xbox Support

If none of these steps resolve your issue, please let us know and we will try to assist you further. You can also visit our support website for more troubleshooting tips and FAQs. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Have a great day!
  3. Just a Wagon Win User

My drivers are all updated as stated before, and that did not solve the problem. Everything driver related is up to date along with my controller that is also up to date. I tried using the troubleshooting link you listed, and it did not help if I am being honest.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Just a Wagon,

Thank you for your response and update.

At this point, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One PC Wireless Adapter

Hi,

I'm afraid the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for PC is only compatible with Windows 10, it doesn't work with Windows 7.
  6. sleetxz Win User

Controller works on Win10, Xbox Accessories App doesn't

Hi,

Yes, both PC's I've tried and got the same results have both been Windows 10.

So far I've tried the following:

• 2 Win10 PC's
    • Signed in to both PC's within Xbox Game Bar
    • All USB ports on both PC's
    • 2 or more Microsoft branded USB-C's
    • 2 Elite Series 2 controllers
    • 1 Robot White Series X|S controller
    • 1 Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10
    • Restarting PC's
    • Restarting App
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling app
    • Checking drivers for controllers and wireless adaptors
    I don't know what more troubleshooting steps anyone else could come up with. Open to suggestions however. Thanks again for the help so far.

Thema:

1. xbox wireless adaptor controller sensitivity issues on PC (windows 10) - Similar Threads - wireless adaptor controller

2. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  3. Xbox Wireless Adaptor driver conflicts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adaptor driver conflicts: The Xbox Wireless adaptor disconnects the established wired connection, and when wireless I can't hear any sound from the controller when headset is plugged in. I have searched Windows Update for...
  4. Xbox wireless adaptor Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor Code 10: Hello, I have a new style wireless adaptor to connect an Xbox pad to the PC. It used to work. Then it worked intermittently, where it would work for a bit, then say the drivers had failed, but...
  5. Xbox wireless adaptor APPCRASH dwm.exe fault module gameinput.dll

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor APPCRASH dwm.exe fault module gameinput.dll: I use a xbox series x controller (Not the elite) connected to my pc via a xbox wireless adaptor. When I am done playing a game, I quit the game and return back to the desktop and then turn of the...
  6. Xbox wireless adaptor no longer working on windows 11 PC. How to resolve?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor no longer working on windows 11 PC. How to resolve?: Xbox wireless adaptor no longer working on windows 11 pc. Works fine still on windows 10 PC and Laptop. Have gone through all the trouble shooting suggestions. Uninstalled the driver now it will...
  7. Xbox wireless adaptor stopped working suddenly. Does not show in device manager.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adaptor stopped working suddenly. Does not show in device manager.: I'll try to be brief. My xbox wireless adaptor stopped working today out of seemingly nowhere. All the devices previously connected, including headset and controller, don't auto connect like...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller wont connect to wireless adaptor(s) on PC: I cannot connect my Xbox Elite Controller to my PC via wireless adaptor. I have followed along with all of the instructions on Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows I purchased a...
  9. Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset chatmix not working on PC (Windows 11) through Xbox Wireless Adaptor: I have a brand new Xbox Wireless Headset which works perfectly on my Xbox Series X that I have connected to my PC running Windows 11 using an Xbox Wireless Adapter (not Bluetooth). The issue I'm...
  10. PC wireless adaptor audio control

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC wireless adaptor audio control: I am using a wireless headset connected to my PC by the USB Xbox wireless adaptor. The headset connects fine, and the audio quality is fine, I just can't control the volume. If I use the dial on...