Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers

Discus and support Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC. Searched for drivers and downloaded these: Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1Windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sydnati87, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Sydnati87
    Sydnati87 Guest

My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC.

Searched for drivers and downloaded these:

[table][tr][td][/td][td]Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1[/td][td]Windows 10 Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers, Windows 10 S and Later Servicing Drivers[/td][td]Drivers (Networking)[/td][td]7/10/2017[/td][td]n/a[/td][td]195 KB[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1[/td][td]Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing Drivers, Windows 10 S and Later Servicing Drivers[/td][td]Drivers (Networking)[/td][td]7/10/2017[/td][td]n/a[/td][td]194 KB[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Then I go to manually search for drivers. Device manager>xbox acc > update drivers > browse manually> let me pick from a list

Then when I locate the folder that the driver is in, it doesn't show. I have moved it around but can't view it, though it's definitely in the folder

:)

Sydnati87, Jul 7, 2023
  2. Sydnati87 Win User

It doesn't work.

[​IMG]
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The drivers are built into windows, no installation is needed

You just plug it into USB and sync your controller
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter

That's because the driver is not correctly installed,

Because the drivers for the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows are embedded within the Windows 10/11 operating system, the adapter should auto-install. If it doesn't, try the following solutions:

Make sure your Windows device is connected to the internet.

Make sure Windows is up to date by going to Windows Update on your device and checking for available updates.

Reboot your device and try again.

Ensure your USB ports are not disabled in Device Manager.

Try another USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.

Try reinstalling the drivers in case they have partially installed. To do so, you need to uninstall the drivers. Follow these steps to complete this process:

Go to Device Manager.

Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.

Select Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.

Select the Driver tab.

On the Driver tab, select Uninstall or Uninstall Device (depending on your version of Windows).

On the confirmation window, check the Delete the driver software for this device box.

Unplug the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and reboot your Windows device. Once the device is back on, plug in the adapter.

If the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows still does not install, follow all of the above steps thoroughly one more time. If this doesn't work, your adapter might need to be replaced.
  5. Dario Calatozzo Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Drivers for Windows 11

Hi Sword,

it's an old official Xbox360 Guitar Hero Wireless Receiver.

Before the Windows 11 update that changed the "Driver" interface, it was working fine.

I can't find the same drivers in this new Windows Drivers list.
  6. drschmidt85 Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Not Downloading Drivers On Windows 7

You can find the driver manually here:
    catalog.update.microsoft.com/.../search.aspx

Download the Wireless Adapter driver, Generic Controller - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows driver. The 1.8mb archive is for 64bit (the file itself is labelled AMD64) and the 1.7mb archive is for 32bit. Extract the driver from the cab file to a folder
    and then manually try to update it within Device Manager.

Go to Device Manager and insert your Xbox Wireless Adapter, find it under Network Adapters. Right click it and select update driver software. Point it to the folder where you extracted the Wireless Adapter driver.

This fixed it for me and it's working great. The vibration feature works too, best of all no bluescreens. Really do hope I've helped rather than just taking up space.
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter won't

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  4. xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one: I'm asking this because my Xbox controller randomly disconnects after 1-5 minutes of gaming (I tried using several controllers ( bought a new one and borrowed form my brother and this still...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working: Hello, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 which has been working for a few years then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing...
  6. Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously: I have an older series 1 elite controller and liked the look of the halo infinite razer headset so i was wondering if the xbox adapter can support multiple devices at the same time, or would i...
  7. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  8. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  9. Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug: I got my xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 years ago, since I still use an Elite series 1 controller and it doesn't have bluetooth so i needed the adapter plugged in to my pc so i can...
  10. Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.: I've been using a Xbox controller with a wireless adapter on my PC for about two years with no problems. Yesterday while playing a game my batteries ran out like they have many times before, Since...