Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug

Discus and support Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 years ago, since I still use an Elite series 1 controller and it doesn't have bluetooth so i needed the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TimothyCo, Dec 23, 2023.

1. TimothyCo
    TimothyCo Guest

I got my xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 years ago, since I still use an Elite series 1 controller and it doesn't have bluetooth so i needed the adapter plugged in to my pc so i can wirelessly use the controller on my pc games. After years of trying, i cannot seem to unplug the wireless adapter from my usb port in my pc case. It's stuck in the side with the other usb ports and i have tried yanking it but ended up breaking the outer shell of the wireless adapter. It's hard stuck in my pc and maybe theres like a switch i have to press before it becomes loose? Anyone experiencing the same issue?

:)

TimothyCo, Dec 23, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello TimothyCo,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm so sorry you broke the outer cover of your Xbox wireless adapter. The adapter may be stuck on your PC for one of the following reasons:

The adapter is stuck in the USB port. This can happen if the adapter has not been inserted correctly into the USB port. To check this, try inserting the adapter into a different USB port on your PC.

If the adapter inserts easily into the new port, then the adapter was stuck in the original port.

The adapter is blocked by other devices. If the adapter is located near other devices, such as an external hard drive or USB hub, these devices may be blocking the adapter.

To check this, try moving the adapter to a different location on your PC.

The adapter has a hardware problem. The adapter may have a hardware issue that is causing it to get stuck on your PC. To check this, you can try connecting the adapter to another PC.

If the adapter connects to another PC, then the problem may be with your PC.

To try to disconnect the adapter, you can try the following:

Use a pair of pliers to grab the adapter and pull it out. Be careful not to damage the USB connector on the adapter.

Use a small screwdriver to press the release button on the adapter.

The release button is usually located on the bottom of the adapter.

If the adapter is stuck in the USB port, you can try using a lubricant, such as a little olive oil or WD-40, to help free it.

Be careful not to apply too much lubricant, as it could damage the adapter.

If you've tried all of these steps and you still can't disconnect the adapter, you may need to replace it.

Here are some tips to prevent the Xbox Wireless Adapter from getting stuck on your PC in the future:

Insert the adapter into the USB port correctly. Make sure the adapter is fully inserted into the USB port.

Avoid placing the adapter near other devices. If the adapter is located near other devices, these devices may block the adapter.

Be careful when handling the adapter. Avoid pulling on the adapter forcefully, as this may damage it.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...roubleshoot-xbox-wireless-adapter-for-windows

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. TimothyCo Win User

If you can show me where this release button is, it would be very helpful
  4. x58SteelCity6x Win User

Wireless Adaptor problem

From my experience with wireless adapters if you use anything other than a wireless adapter for the Xbox it won't work. Most adapters for pc or other devices won't work for gaming systems
  5. Zer0 G Win User

Keep getting disconnected from xbox live.

Do you have a regular xbox or the xbox slim? If you have a slim, have you tried unplugging the wireless adapter and switch to using the internal wireless adapter on the slim models instead?
  6. Farscape247 Win User

How can I turn off / disable to Light from Xbox Wireless Controller for PC

unplug the wireless adapter,

or go into device manager and right click and disable the adapter.
Thema:

1. Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug - Similar Threads - wireless adapter won't

2. XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Wifi Adapter Driver (BSOD) mt7612US.sys: Since I installed the wireless adapter I have had Blue Screens and the offending file is mt7612US.sys Is there a fix to this? 532fc239-73e1-43c6-88e1-5dc0ac7f4e88
  3. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  4. xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless adapter on an xbox one: I'm asking this because my Xbox controller randomly disconnects after 1-5 minutes of gaming (I tried using several controllers ( bought a new one and borrowed form my brother and this still...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working: Hello, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 which has been working for a few years then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing...
  6. Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the xbox wireless adapter support multiple devices simultaneously: I have an older series 1 elite controller and liked the look of the halo infinite razer headset so i was wondering if the xbox adapter can support multiple devices at the same time, or would i...
  7. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  8. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  9. Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers: My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC. Searched for drivers and downloaded these: Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1Windows 10 Creators Update and Later Servicing...
  10. Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won't connect to wireless Adapter on PC.: I've been using a Xbox controller with a wireless adapter on my PC for about two years with no problems. Yesterday while playing a game my batteries ran out like they have many times before, Since...