Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mohammed El-Kalash, Sep 14, 2023.

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers

The receiver disconnects all my controllers (4) at random times, not all at once, they die one by one. Also when I'm playing alone, the active controller disconnects, then I take another one, and then the next one, until i have none left. sometimes unplugging the receiver works out (very rarely), sometimes it doesn't. I've tried to re-pair, doesn't work, and controllers totally disappear from the Xbox accessory app.
    on Xbox receiver adapter driver -> Power Management, I've disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
    In EventViewer, i found the following events that might have something to do with the issue:

Event 7040: The start type of the Xbox Live Game Save service was changed from demand start to auto start

Event 16: The access history in hive \??\C:\ProgramData\Packages\Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe\S-1-5-21-1181778499-2097647229-2128309989-1001\SystemAppData\Helium\Cache\32734fbc8d5358eb_COM15.dat was cleared updating 1 keys and creating 1 modified pages

Event 16: The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\USER1\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.GamingApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Settings\settings.dat was cleared updating 4 keys and creating 2 modified pages.

I can't figure out the solution, but one thing that can make it work again 100%, is a reboot, and that's not a real solution. I couldn't figure out how to delete the "settings.dat" file, cause it was used by another (Unknown) process. But if a restart makes it work again, then what memory/cache/settings gets refreshed/restarted/flushed that makes it happen

:)

Mohammed El-Kalash, Sep 14, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows frequently disconnects all my controllers