Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good Morning, I can post system specs if needed later today but I will detail as much as I am able now in hopes someone can help. I have the old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PyroYoshi, Nov 14, 2023.

1. PyroYoshi
    PyroYoshi Guest

Good Morning,

I can post system specs if needed later today but I will detail as much as I am able now in hopes someone can help.

I have the old style Xbox wireless adapter for windows and it pairs to my controller without a problem. I will play for a while and then suddenly the controller will start slowly flashing and no inputs will be received by the PC. When I look at the Xbox wireless adapter the little white light will be off and I will not be able to resync the controller or anything else unless I unplug and replug the adapter...sometimes even that will not work.

I have gone into the Device manager settings and ensured in the power management options for the wireless adapter as well as all the USB ports that "allow windows to turn off this device" are unchecked. All drivers for the controller, computer, and adapter are up to date.

Any other advice would be appreciated as this is affecting my ability to play competitive games. The disconnect usually happens at the worst possible time.

Thanks,

Daniel

:)

PyroYoshi, Nov 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello PyroYoshi,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Xbox wireless adapter for Windows. This sounds like a frustrating problem, especially when you are playing competitive games. To better assist you, we would like to ask you some questions:

- How often does the controller disconnect from the adapter?

- How far is the controller from the adapter when the issue occurs?

- Do you have any other wireless devices nearby that could interfere with the signal?

- Have you tried using a different USB port for the adapter or a different controller?

- Have you tried resetting the controller by holding the Xbox button for 10 seconds and then reconnecting it to the adapter?

There are a few possible causes and solutions for this issue. One is that the wireless adapter might be overheating due to prolonged use or insufficient ventilation. You can try to place the adapter in a cooler location, away from direct sunlight or other heat sources, and make sure there is enough space around it for air circulation. You can also try to use a different USB port on your PC, preferably one that is not shared with other devices.

Another possible cause is that there might be some interference from other wireless devices or networks in your vicinity. You can try to reduce the number of wireless devices that are connected to your PC or nearby, such as Bluetooth headphones, speakers, keyboards, mice, etc. You can also try to change the wireless channel on your router or modem, if possible, to avoid overlapping with the wireless adapter's frequency.

A third possible cause is that there might be some software or hardware conflict on your PC that is affecting the wireless adapter's performance. You can try to update your Windows operating system and run a scan for any malware or viruses that might be interfering with the wireless connection. You can also try to disable any unnecessary programs or services that are running in the background, especially those that use a lot of network bandwidth or CPU resources.

If none of these solutions work, you might have a faulty wireless adapter that needs to be replaced. You can contact Xbox Support Live Team.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a great day!
  4. R4Cypher Win User

Xbox wireless headset on PC

5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Is Xbox x series controller bluetooth connectivity issue with PC solved?

If it's happening on different PC's then it would more than likely mean that either the adapter or the controller are the problem.

Would you please try having your PC forget the controller and disconnect. If it still continues to disconnect, try uninstalling and reinstalling the controller drivers by following our Wireless Controller Setup.

Also, If you haven't already, please check Xbox One Controller in Windows 10 Troubleshoot and Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows articles for further solutions to the issue.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

XBox Controllers on Windows 7

Hi MikeLucasIsCool! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10? Find out how to set it up on any Windows 10/11 device. If you have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows, we can also show you how to set it up on any Windows 10/11, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 tablet, laptop, or desktop PC.

Here’s a compatibility chart for the adapter you may have:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10

Windows 10/11 only

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 7

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Window 10 disconnects during gameplay - Similar Threads - Wireless Adapter Window

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 not working: Hello, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 which has been working for a few years then suddenly stopped working a few months ago. I have tried several things to fix it but nothing...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  5. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  7. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  8. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working anymore: Xbox wireless adapter issue where it is on and wont connect anymore even though it used to and works on other pc. I have un and re installed all drivers and followed all the steps from the other...
  10. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...