Xbox Windows App needs to have option to fully sign out - it's a child safety issue

Discus and support Xbox Windows App needs to have option to fully sign out - it's a child safety issue in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Any idea why Xbox won't let you fully sign out of the Xbox app on Windows? I understand from an article about it that they set this up so people... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SnowLoon, Jul 8, 2018.

1. SnowLoon
    SnowLoon Guest

Xbox Windows App needs to have option to fully sign out - it's a child safety issue

Any idea why Xbox won't let you fully sign out of the Xbox app on Windows? I understand from an article about it that they set this up so people wouldn't have to keep tying in passwords if they were switching between their own multiple accounts. But WHY
    isn't there an option to fully sign out if you want to?

We have a shared computer and now my son can just switch to my account and be automatically signed in anytime he wants without having my password. He's trustworthy (so far) but I don't like that I cannot fully sign out of MY account. We set him up with a child
    account for a reason: so we could set online safety parameters for him. It's really frustrating that this loophole could give him access to my account that has no restrictions.

Any idea on how this could be changed? I am really disappointed.

:)

SnowLoon, Jul 8, 2018
  2. erreur sea of thieves Avacadobeard

Hey there MrBaz007!

Thanks for reaching out to us. To make sure, does your account have the current

permissions
    in order to play online?

Also, let's try signing out of the Xbox App, restart your Windows 10 device then sign back in.

Be sure to double check that your Xbox App is fully
    updated
    as well!

Mister Kernel, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Problème de paramètres pour jouer en ligne.

Hey there AxLXII! Thanks for reaching out to us & appreciate the info!

To make sure, are you still seeing this issue after you sign out of your Xbox App, then sign back in?

Also, is your Xbox App fully
    updated
    ?

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!

Mister Kernel, Jul 8, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

It would have been a child safety issue if the child account could have full control. You as a parent have the duty to look after your account and your child's safety

To post suggestions on opinion in bettering the service:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

M3tal Daz3, Jul 8, 2018
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Windows allows fast user switching.

Create a separate account on your PC for your child (since you have made a child account already, he can simply sign in on Windows 10 with that account).

Then secure your computer account with a password your kid doesn't know.

Whenever you're not around, make sure you are not actively signed in on the PC (simply press Windowskey + L), and the kid is able to sign in with their own account then.

That gives them their own desktop space, and they can't use your Xbox app.

Arminator, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: