Xbox will not let me add my account back after soft reset

Discus and support Xbox will not let me add my account back after soft reset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So basically earlier today I was trying to load up apps + games (fortnite, YouTube etc.) but they wouldn’t load up at all to my surprise, but whenever... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by OwenLe-Billon, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Xbox will not let me add my account back after soft reset

So basically earlier today I was trying to load up apps + games (fortnite, YouTube etc.) but they wouldn’t load up at all to my surprise, but whenever I put my disc of fifa in, it would load it up, only after a couple minutes of a frozen screen of fifa 22 loading. So I looked online for some solutions and one said to do a soft reset keeping data and games, as to which I did, everything looked to have been solved but my new issue is that whenever I press add account it loads for a few minutes then goes back to the previous screen with no error message or anything, is there a way to fix this?

:)

OwenLe-Billon, Feb 3, 2022
  2. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that. Here are the steps that you can try for your concern.

Solution 1. Power cycle your console

Please Turn off console > (press and hold power button for 10 seconds) unplug everything from the console > wait for 2 minutes and plug everything back > Turn On the console.

Solution 2. Please go to settings> then Network> Network Settings> select Advanced Settings.> alternate MAC address> clear> restart.

Solution 3. I know your internet is working fine with other devices but for us to best isolate the issue, can you try connecting the console to a different network? A mobile hotspot for example?

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.
  3. Lummoxicide Win User

Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account

:)

Ive got my account back after doing a soft factory reset.

Thanks everyone for lending aid.

Lets see if it lasts.

Happy holidays
  4. Mimori 775 Win User

Account issue!

Hello tylerg567,

Since you are able to log-in to the account on another xbox, I would recommend doing a
    soft factory reset on the one that's having trouble. Please keep in mind a soft reset will not result in the lost of any games/saves as long as they were completed while connected to xbox live.

To do a soft factory reset:

• Press the xbox button on your controller
    • Go to: System > Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console
    • And on the reset console screen be sure you select "Reset and Keep my Games & Apps" after the xbox restarts, let us know if the problem still exists or if it solved your problem with being able to add the account back on.

Thank you!
  5. AridLizard Win User

Xbox One S Crash Problem

hi

the soft factory reset removes the accounts from the xbox, but keeps the games.

once you switch it back on you simply re add your account and when you start up a game for the first time (for each account) let it sync the data so you get your saves from the cloud
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one won’t let me add my account after reseting it

Hi Dreamz,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend trying to log in on the
    account website
    . This will show you if there are any issues on the account. If there isn't try changing the password then adding profile on the console.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Xbox will not let me add my account back after soft reset - Similar Threads - let add account

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I re-add my account to family safety when it won't let me send the invite?: I am trying to re-add my account back to family safety but it won't let me send the invite. It just says "give it another try, the invite didn't send". I tried to troubleshoot this with Microsoft...
  5. My Xbox One S won't let me add a new account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S won't let me add a new account.: I removed my account from my Xbox One S because it wouldn't log me in. I tried rebooting it several times, unplugging it while I did. I removed my account and it still wouldn't let me add a new...
  6. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  7. Won't let me split screen or add a guest account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Won't let me split screen or add a guest account: The call of duty Black ops 2 won't let me download or add a guest account to split screen 7f9cb0d2-ac31-46e3-8866-e6ed2dbb488a
  8. Reset my xbox series s last night and now it wont let me add my account back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reset my xbox series s last night and now it wont let me add my account back.: I reset my xbox last night. Games and all . and after that i went to add new account , as one would do with a brand new xbox . and it gets stuck after pressing add new account, it just sits there...
  9. Xbox don't let me add account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox don't let me add account: I'm trying to add my account on my Xbox and it's not working ee3c666a-8dbe-4199-a25a-cc7552e35a61
  10. New series x won’t let me add account

in XBoX Accessibility
    New series x won’t let me add account: I just bought a new Xbox series x I did the update load to Home Screen go to add new for adding my account it starts loading circle then nothing happens n goes back to Home Screen I tried...