Xbox will not connect to the wifi - and I cannot talk to anyone at xbox about it

Discus and support Xbox will not connect to the wifi - and I cannot talk to anyone at xbox about it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, Every time I try to play online, and mainly (weirdly) when I join a game on Smite - but entire Xbox dies and them refuses to connect to the Wi-Fi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MacBaker-Bond, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Xbox will not connect to the wifi - and I cannot talk to anyone at xbox about it

Hi,

Every time I try to play online, and mainly (weirdly) when I join a game on Smite - but entire Xbox dies and them refuses to connect to the Wi-Fi for a few weeks.

It makes no logical sense, I can be online and see friends and send messages. then boom. the second I load smite, it disconnects and then asked me for my Wi-Fi password and refuses to connect.

I don't see why I am paying £60 for Xbox live, to not be able to play the one game I want to play, and to get no support at all.

I have tried everything, router reboots, Xbox reboots, manually adding the IP address to the Wi-Fi directly. I cannot run the ethernet cable to my box because the router is set up downstairs, and I shouldn't have to drill holes in my house to use the damn
    Wi-Fi!!

I have an Xbox S, so it isn't even an older model per say.

What can I do? Support is useless, no one to talk to other than the **** virtual assistant. Ideally I want my Xbox live refunded at this rate. it is an utter joke.

:)

MacBaker-Bond, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Hardcore Games™ Win User

Xbox will not connect to the wifi - and I cannot talk to anyone at xbox about it

2.4 GHz usually has better chances through walls etc

I suggest wiring up your home for Ethernet as the move to 6Ghz will make it even more tricky

Combo coax and Ethernet wall utility is easy and then cable TV along with internet can be put into every room
  3. ReneAwesome420 Win User

Wifi Connect-New XBox Update

i just bought a new Xbox One, and i cannot connect to the wifi, i cannot update it cause i cannot connect to the wifi, and i don't even know what to do at the moment, any help please.
  4. ChristyMarshall Win User

DNS error

Okay so what happen is when i connect to the school WIFI it says it cant connect. the suggested fixes are restarting the router, which i can't do since it's a campus shared router. the other fix was manually entering the WIFI info which was done but still
    not working. The IT said that it was my xbox saying it was too old to connect to any WIFI systems and that there was nothing i could do except may talk to someone about fixing the xbox it's self. the thing that confuses me is that if it is my xbox as they
    say wouldn't that mean i could connect to any WIFI. I connected it to the WIFI at my friends house, my house and even the WIFI at the hotel when my family came to visit.
  5. VibroPlex Win User

Random Disconnects from Xbox Live

Is it connected to your modem or router by WiFi or by an ethernet cable. If WiFi, please unplug any MadKatz or Turtle Beach wireless headset base station and retry it. Also, if there's a cordless phone base station (we're not
    talking about cellphones, but about wireless house phones) within 3'/one metre, please move it further away from the Xbox.

How many bars of WiFi do you get for your internet connection? If you have 3-4 bars, that's fine, but 1-2 bars is too weak a signal to count on from your WiFi router to the Xbox.
  6. CyTeK1978 Win User

Short Question, is it worth to use Network Cable Connection ?

guys, guuuuys,

do u read the question?

i have no problems with my wifi, i was asking about the maximum DL Speed limitation of the Xbox Download/Store.

with WLAN i get the maximum the Xbox One can give, because of wlan modul limitations.

now i want to know the general limitations of the store DL Speed so i can check if its worth to make a wired connection.

so, does anyone knows the maximum DL speed?

as far as i know its not the Full Speed for Store (i dont talk about what you can check with the Xbox or a Speedtest, i talk about the provided Store Speed.
Thema:

1. Xbox will not connect to the wifi - and I cannot talk to anyone at xbox about it - Similar Threads - connect wifi cannot

2. Cannot connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the wifi: My xbox says the console is connected to the internet but it acts as though i’m not. I’ve tried rebooting and everything. When i try connecting to the wifi it says i’m connected but i cannot...
  3. Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 is connected to Wifi, but cannot connect to Spectrum Network: Every device on the network is connected and works properly. However the xbox 360 is connected to the network with full signal but when running an xbox live connection test it fails to connect to...
  4. Trying to play modern warfare2, keeps saying cannot connect to data centers, but my wifi...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play modern warfare2, keeps saying cannot connect to data centers, but my wifi...: Trying to play modern warfare2, keeps saying cannot connect to data centers, but my wifi signal is 100 percent c4558cc4-0718-4c3a-a8e8-c20201ab09cf
  5. Xbox one S can see my wifi, but cannot connect to it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S can see my wifi, but cannot connect to it.: Hi All. I am having troubles to connect my Xbox One S to wifi network. Xbox can see my wifi, but as soon as I choose it, screen keybord to tape password disappears within milisecond. This keeps...
  6. Xbox series s cannot connect to wifi sometimes but ps4 and other consoles can always, how...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s cannot connect to wifi sometimes but ps4 and other consoles can always, how...: Ive tried using an alternate mac address on the console but that didnt work. Its seriously hit or miss when connecting to wifi sometimes it just works just fine and it doesnt tell me my password...
  7. Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S: Can someone explain to me why Microsoft left this basic security feature out of the OS on one of their most popular pieces of hardware? 1dd7c0fa-912b-4473-b4a4-c717b6b53a9b
  8. Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help?: Cannot connect any of our Xbox 360's to our WiFi can you help? Thank you I enables UPnP I manually added my SSID and tried WEP, WPA and no security, still cannot connect Tricky one. And by...
  9. Xbox One S cannot connect to 5Ghz wifi networks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S cannot connect to 5Ghz wifi networks?: I have recently upgraded my router to a dual-band router, simply for the improvement of my wireless connection for videogames etc. but when i try and connect my xbox to the 5G wifi network it...
  10. XBOX ONE CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET THROUGH WIFI IT KEEPS ON SAYING IT DID NT WORK

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET THROUGH WIFI IT KEEPS ON SAYING IT DID NT WORK: XBOX ONE CANNOT CONNECT TO INTERNET THROUGH WIFI IT KEEPS ON SAYING IT DID NT WORK 62318e71-13d1-42d2-a30a-eb9189fb714b