Xbox volume through headset but with tv off

Discus and support Xbox volume through headset but with tv off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I used to be able to listen to YouTube on my headsets while I fell asleep but with the tv Off. Now when I turn my tv off it stops all noises from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Q2, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Mike Q2
    Mike Q2 Guest

I used to be able to listen to YouTube on my headsets while I fell asleep but with the tv Off. Now when I turn my tv off it stops all noises from the xbox going through my headset if that makes sense?

:)

Mike Q2, Aug 31, 2023
  2. ritgross Win User

Xbox Series X headset question

Headset is compatible.

Nothing else answers my question.

Does this simply not work?

Plug in headset-volume only through headset

When you unplug— the tv volume then works.

I don’t want to have to mute tv or change settings turning off hdmi volume etc.

Xbox chat says impossible.

This not new and I find it hard to believe.
  3. KingOfTheRen Win User

Fortnite on Xbox | Hearing chat on headset and TV

In your settings see if you have the party chat set to playing from your TV AND headset. Besides that turn off your TV volume if you're playing with a headset on.
  4. Logan Boss Win User

Why is spotify messing with the audio of my xbox

The volume always works when i’m using my headset but when like if the volume isn’t working without it and i use my headset i can hear it through the headset but no the TV. I’ve still be playing gta for a bit now but the only thing that works is the game volume for some reason and all the other volume doesn’t work. Any other suggestions?
  5. BChaps Win User

XB1 Chat Adapter Problem

I'll post this in the preview section as well, thanks.

I know for a fact that it's not the ambient noise. It still does it when the volume is off on the monitor.

...and it repeats chat that's only coming through the headset (not TV)

Thanks for the responses though.
  6. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
Thema:

1. Xbox volume through headset but with tv off - Similar Threads - volume through headset

2. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  3. my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...

in XBoX on Windows
    my chat mixer says use your headset or other device to change the volume when my headset is...: headset chat mixed not working a7cea632-3764-4dba-b8c0-97751ed0576b
  4. Put Tv volume on main screen please

in XboX Insiders
    Put Tv volume on main screen please: Please move tv volume to main screen or put at the top of sub menu. I would really appreciate it, thanks for listening. submitted by /u/Crafty-Mall-5215 [link] [comments]
  5. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. Volume decrease on right Dpad press

in XboX Insiders
    Volume decrease on right Dpad press: Every time I press right on the dpad whilst in game it decreases the headset volume and I have to go to settings to increase it. Obviously this causes issue when an action in a game requires...
  8. With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...: I want to be able to hear my discord call and whenever I try to change the volume on my headset or Xbox I can only change game volume 43542c3a-7b4e-46f6-9852-e593079d69ba
  9. how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i adjust wireless headset volume if the menu is greyed out?: I have a wirless xbox headset that connects to my xbox just fine but there’s no audio. the headset volume and chat mixer are greyed out and I can adjust the chat mixer on the headset but for the...
  10. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6