Xbox video app hard crash on xbox one

Discus and support Xbox video app hard crash on xbox one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good evening, I noticed the app "xbox video" has an update pending. When I try to update it pauses for a second and then I get the error message... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WillAbner, Feb 14, 2019.

1. WillAbner
    WillAbner Guest

Good evening,

I noticed the app "xbox video" has an update pending. When I try to update it pauses for a second and then I get the error message "Sorry, it looks like our service isn't working right now..."

When I try to launch this app directly, it crashes my xbox - it crashes so hard that it fully powers off, not just the lite power off mode.

If I try to uninstall the app, when I click uninstall it beeps but the nothing happens.

I can, it appears, move the app between my local and external hard drive. My thought was get it onto the external hard drive and find a way to delete it, but that isn't straightforward either as the drive is formatted for xbox. I do not have another hard
    drive that is usb 3.0 and larger than 256 gig that I could test this theory with.

I have tried power cycling the xbox multiple times (both intentionally and unintentionally through crashes)

Is there a more powerful or direct way to uninstall an application? Thoughts on how to proceed?

:)

WillAbner, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Viper180669 Win User

Hi WillAbner

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble.

If you are having trouble clearing this app you could try a soft factory reset firstly keeping games and apps. Should this not work try doing a full factory reset.

Any games that you you want to preserve move to your external drive first as a precaution.

Try this link for instructions

https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-default

Best of luck
  3. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

what happens if you move the app to your external hard drive and then power the console fully off via these steps:

perform manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

be sure to wait at least 60 seconds when powered off.

After that disconnect the external storage device and power the console on again. Try to Install the Xbox Video app again on the internal drive, if that option is available.

If it is and allows you to install the App see if it will work properly again.

Let us know the results
  4. JustAnotherJay Win User

Browser crashing

Try holding the power button on your Xbox One until it shuts down and restarts to perform a hard reset. Once you're back, try launching Edge without launching any other game or app before and see if it still crashes watching a video.
  5. The-M-Factor Win User

Xbox app crashes hard

I had tried un-installing xbox app and re-installing it which did not help. I tried to clean boot my PC and tested it out for a while with no issues so when I booted it back up normally I went through shutting some background programs down and testing
    it. When I shut down my audio mixer and virtual audio cable (both by VB audio) it stopped having any problems. I then uninstalled both of them and i'm no longer experiencing any issue so far with xbox app. Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Xbox app crashes hard

Hello The-M-Factor,

We understand that you have an inquiry in regards to the Xbox app crashing your Windows PC when attempt to accept party invites.

Here are two steps on how to isolate system issues:

Method 1:perform a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. Please follow our
    how to perform a clean boot in Windows support article for steps on how to do so.

Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the Xbox App?

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

I hope this helps. Let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Xbox video app hard crash on xbox one - Similar Threads - video app hard

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  4. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  5. Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S - Interacting with the Prime Video app stalls all app and games: I have a problem with the Prime Video app on Xbox Series S. If I attempt to open or uninstall my Prime Video App, it breaks all other applications and games on my console. The Prime Video app...
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...
  8. How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix xbox one Youtube app videos breaking at low resolution: This problem is on the xbox one youtube app. It occurs when I watch videos at 360p and under. It is persistant across videos. Reinstalling the app does not fix it. Large pixelated blurs or...
  9. Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any constructive...
  10. Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any...