Xbox ventilation

Discus and support Xbox ventilation in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After the new update my Xbox keeps turning off then when I turn on it says something about ventilation. Before the update it was perfectly fine. It has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/beefyboy66, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Xbox ventilation

After the new update my Xbox keeps turning off then when I turn on it says something about ventilation. Before the update it was perfectly fine. It has around 5 or 6 inches to the left and right and more than a foot above it for ventilation so I'm confused. It is a normal Xbox one

submitted by /u/beefyboy66
    [link] [comments]

/u/beefyboy66, Jun 19, 2019
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Xbox ventilation

Having your Xbox One S in a vertical position(without stand) will effectively block the side air vent. This will cause insignificant ventilation, resulting in the console overheating and shutting down and possible damage.

The Xbox One S requires a stand to be used in vertical position, which will allow proper airflow/ventilation.
  3. J4CK93 Win User

Xbox ventilation

You probably need to clean the dust out of it as others have said
  4. Kev7420 Win User

Xbox ventilation

If the console overheats and shuts down, this is an indication that your console is getting too hot, and you may need to adjust its placement or remove items that may be blocking vents.If
    your console consistently shuts down automatically due to ventilation problems, even after the console is free from clutter and no vents are obstructed, it will need service.Note If
    you are using an Xbox One S or Xbox One X console in a vertical orientation, using the proper console stand is required to ensure the bottom vent is not blocked.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Xbox ventilation

Here is a little guide. Also, get some compressed air on the back and sides. Maybe is dust. Here is the proper
    use of the vertical stand.

Make sure you use only the stand designed for your Xbox, which helps console stability and operation. Without the stand, vertical positioning blocks a cooling vent. If you don't have a proper stand, put the Xbox as the guide says.

EDIT: If nothing helps you must repair it as others have said.
  6. SoullessCodith Win User

Xbox ventilation

I actually had the same problem as you. I am not sure if you have the space for it, but I ended up buying a small table for the system to be able to lay it down on from Walmart.
Thema:

Xbox ventilation

1. Xbox ventilation - Similar Threads - ventilation

2. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  3. I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation: So I accidentally left a cd case on the Xbox series x that I got a week ago and i didn’t notice and I started playing for honor for maybe almost an hour until I noticed.I got scared and I took the...
  4. Can you fix insufficient ventilation?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you fix insufficient ventilation?: My Xbox keeps shutting off due to insufficent ventilation but it is on an open area on my desk and isn't hot. Is there a way to turn this off or fix it? I also just got a new TV with a gaming...