Xbox usb power output

Discus and support Xbox usb power output in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to find out what the power output (voltage and amps) is on xbox series X/S for ages but can't find an answer anywhere.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hudson A, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Hudson A
    Hudson A Guest

Xbox usb power output

I have been trying to find out what the power output (voltage and amps) is on xbox series X/S for ages but can't find an answer anywhere.

:)

Hudson A, Feb 14, 2024
  2. MarcusAl Win User

About connecting the xbox to my tv..

Yeah I know, but I havent found any HMDI slot on the xbox?! Theres 2 USB slots on the front, then the bigass xbox adapter on the back for the regular output to the TV, then its network and power, where the heck is the HMDI output on the xbox? :O
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox controller bottom expansion port specs?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good morning

The Xbox controller's bottom expansion port, not provide a dedicated power output. It is primarily designed for communication purposes and does not supply power to external devices.

If you are looking to draw power from an Xbox controller, your best option would be to utilize the micro-USB port located on the top of the controller. The micro-USB port can provide power when the controller is connected to a compatible power source such as a computer or a USB wall adapter.

Please note that the power output of the micro-USB port may vary depending on the specific Xbox controller model. However, it is generally safe to assume a maximum current of 500 mA (milliamperes) at 5 volts, which is the standard USB 2.0 specification.
  4. Customgamer18 Win User

WARNING - Just a quick FYI to Microsoft

Interesting... maybe it was just a large static shock. The power recharging the controller is DC voltage. Its not like you got shocked by a 120 volt house outlet. USB does not output that much power as well.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

USB Headset on Xbox One

there are limited headsets that will work via a specific dongle for usb on xbox, all other usb headsets are not supported in anyway as the xbox does not output audio via usb normally.
  6. Leemur60 Win User

Charging phone with XBOX

Not all USB ports are the same. They output at different amps. I would imagine that your phone requires 2 - 2.4 A (as most modern phones do) but the USB will probably only push out 1A, enough to power an external hard drive or charge a controller battery.
Thema:

Xbox usb power output

1. Xbox usb power output - Similar Threads - usb power output

2. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  3. Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.

in XboX Insiders
    Add different power options to the USB ports in sleep mode and with the console turned off.: It would be nice if you informed the Xbox system development team to enable some option in this regard, PlayStation has several options in sleep mode to supply power to the USB ports: Always give...
  4. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  5. Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller not receiving any power through USB C port: Hi all, So I have a series x/s controller that I've had for a while now that I mainly use on my pc by connecting it with a USB C cable but a few days ago it didn't turn on, I've tried connecting...
  6. Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller powers down after 15 minutes, despite being USB powered.: Until recently, I was able to plug my controller into my console with a USB cable, then plug speakers into the controller, and the controller would stay on indefinitely. Now it turns off after 15...
  7. Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update

in XboX Insiders
    Powered USB-Hub with HDD's not working anymore on my Series X after last ASA-update: Hi, i use a powered USB Hub with two HDD's and a Logitech Dongle since i own my Series X. After the last Update, it stopped working, so my 2 HDD`s won't work anymore:( Tested the Hub with my PC...
  8. Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports: My Series X Console was having a weird issue where the controller wouldn't turn on the machine, but was fixed once the console was unplugged and plugged back in. Fast forward ~1 week and the...
  9. Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello can anyone tell me if you can use a Powered USB Hub (with its own Power Supply) on...: Can I use a powered USB Hub with its own power supply on the front USB port of my Xbox Series X? I also plan to connect a second External Hard Drive to the port extender (the Two Rear USB ports...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...