Xbox USB audio devices - please support

Discus and support Xbox USB audio devices - please support in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recently sold my PS4 and got a Xbox Series X. Little did i know that my HyperX Quadcaster USB mic DOES NOT WORK on Xbox Series X. It was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamuliVälimäki, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Xbox USB audio devices - please support

I just recently sold my PS4 and got a Xbox Series X. Little did i know that my HyperX Quadcaster USB mic DOES NOT WORK on Xbox Series X. It was plug-n-play on ps4 and i know its also on PS5. This is a huge deal and a lot of people are talking about it online. It really pisses me off. There is lot of work arounds with 10 freaking cables going from device to another and around your neck eventually. This makes me want to return my Xbox... should've gone with Sony on this one...

How you think you gonna revive your gaming community with these kind of decisions...?

:)

SamuliVälimäki, Aug 24, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello SamuliVälimäki how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

Yes, it is possible for you to make it work, but it is a little more difficult than on the PlayStation.

To connect the HyperX Quadcast to your Xbox Series X, you will need a few accessories. Firstly, you will need a 3.5mm male to male audio cable. Secondly, you will need a Y splitter cable that has one 3.5mm female jack and two 3.5mm male jacks. Finally, you will need an Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Step-by-Step Guide

Connect one end of the 3.5mm male to male audio cable to the headphone jack of the HyperX Quadcast microphone.

Connect the other end of the 3.5mm male to male audio cable to the female jack of the Y splitter cable.

Connect the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to the Xbox Series X controller.

Connect one of the male jacks of the Y splitter cable to the audio input of the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Connect your headset to the other male jack of the Y splitter cable.

Turn on your Xbox Series X and the HyperX Quadcast microphone.

Go to the audio settings of your Xbox Series X and select the audio input device as “Headset mic (HyperX Quadcast)”.

https://www.ac3filter.net/does-the-...st is,sound quality in any room of your home.

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'
  3. BobMcFly247 Win User

Media from an external USB?

Cool down a bit mate :)

The mediaplayer which will support external USB devices is coming with the September update to Xbox One. It will support external USB 2.0 devices with audio and movie files.
  4. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  5. DakkaRaptor Win User

Xbox One headset not working

Hi there. That headset should have an audio jack as well as usb connection. Please use the audio jack connection into your controller as the usb connection is not supported by the xbox hardware. Hope this helps and I hope you are well and safe during these
    difficult times.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

USB Audio Support

Thema:

1. Xbox USB audio devices - please support - Similar Threads - USB audio devices

2. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  3. make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x: make usb audio headphones work on xbox series x 0c98e371-89d0-42b3-b2b3-9f0c23f85598
  4. Where can I request a feature? USB audio would be a massive addition!

in XboX Insiders
    Where can I request a feature? USB audio would be a massive addition!: Not that it'll be chosen or added, I still want to mention it as often as possible! I NEED USB AUDIO! PS5's got it and I'm sick of having to use an HDMI audio extractor to use my Schitt stack and...
  5. Turtle Beach stealth 600 gen 2 usb - no audio and mic doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach stealth 600 gen 2 usb - no audio and mic doesn’t work: Alright community, after the most recent update OS update on 05/10/2023, I am unable to get any audio to come through my headset. The headset is paired to the usb, but it does not appear that Xbox...
  6. Xbox Series S has three USB ports, and none of them allows audio systems to be connected. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S has three USB ports, and none of them allows audio systems to be connected. Why?: Hi everyone, I don't think I should dwell on the lack of USB audio support on the Xbox, or more accurately, support for licensed hardware only. There are 3 USB ports on the console and the lack...
  7. Xbox Series S/X audio over USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S/X audio over USB: I have several headphones with a microphone with USB, quite top models, e.g. Logitech G432 with Dolby DTX When the XBOX learns such devices, it is very frustrating, even the old PS3 can handle...
  8. GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB: i realized every time xbox or game crash game dvr crash too until you restart your console, i dont know if its problem of the games, of the xbox or game dvr but they can't work simultaneously and...
  9. Xbox S audio output options: need USB audio!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S audio output options: need USB audio!: I'm not sure who at Microsoft came up with the brilliant idea to have Xbox S output audio only though the HDMI cable or the game controller, but ... for users whose monitors do not have speakers...
  10. Bluetooth audio headset without usb

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluetooth audio headset without usb: Please add it in the xbox one and series console like nintendo do in nintendo switch for the xbox insider for the test early access. 3784eb64-77cc-44f0-97ec-215f061809cf