Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.

Discus and support Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This may sound extreme, but I've just cancelled my Gamepass Ultimate sub in protest at the invasive and intrusive advertising on my Xbox dashboard. I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dogsolitude_uk, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.

This may sound extreme, but I've just cancelled my Gamepass Ultimate sub in protest at the invasive and intrusive advertising on my Xbox dashboard.

I was actually surprised how, well, hurt and upset I felt when my carefully-curated collection of groups was unceremoniously discarded in favour of advertising.

The thing is, my Xbox dashboard is a part of my "space". My Xbox is plugged into my TV in my living room, where I use it for gaming, watching TV, streaming music and also browsing the web. My TV is a 55" model, so approx 2' by 3'6", about the size of a large poster or painting.

Over time, I organised my games into various groups, much like the way one might organise one's films or books on a shelf.

I had about 6 or 7 groups for RPGs, card-based games, simulations, "cosy" games for when I'm feeling a bit low, TV apps, Favourites etc. I decorated those groups' names with cat emojis and stuff too. Basically I'd turned that dashboard into a nice little area.

And along came the new UI. Seriously, I was really surprised how hurt and upset, and generally invaded I felt when I turned on my Xbox to find my groups had gone, and that part of my living room had been appropriated by Microsoft for advertising purposes. I actually felt quite sick.

I felt like someone had been into my home, and replaced the books on my bookshelves with their adverts. It feels awful and I actually don't feel like my Xbox is my own any more.

It's an awful feeling. I don't know if I'm explaining it well, or if anyone else feels the same, but I'm genuinely upset by this.

So, I've cancelled my Gamepass Ultimate sub, and I'm drafting an email to Xbox to explain why.

I also had some money set aside for Series X, but unless this is sorted, it's going on a new GFX card or PS5 instead. Seriously, it just feels like such a kick in the teeth.

Anyone else feel the same?

submitted by /u/dogsolitude_uk
    [link] [comments]

/u/dogsolitude_uk, Aug 16, 2023
  2. ChristopherWright3 Win User

xbox series x purchase with klarna and gamepass but already have ultimate gamepass

Hi,

What happens if you already have a gamepass ultimate sub and you purchase an xbox series x via klarna with the gamepass sub included?

Do you just register it and it cancels your existing gamepass direct debit for 2 years?
    Xbox seriesx
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

I paid the game pass for a month then I canceled the subscription and now i have nothing (games or money)

you cancelled it, your suppose to disable auto renew, cancelling means just that and you cancelled the sub and you get no refunds. any games you got with gamepass won't work as you cancelled the sub.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC

gamepass games need an active sub to use them, they will just go to the store to purchase them.

if you bought and paid for a pre order via gamepass whilst subbed then cancel the sub they should technically honour it as it was a sale.
  5. VickiTreloar Win User

Hi i upgraded to gamepass ultimate works on my x box one but doesnt work on xbox 360 wont let me access xbox live gold cant play 2 of my games thanks

yes tried that i realise gamepass doesnt apply to x box 360 on my account page for x box one it says my previous sub (live gold) was cancelled when i brought the gamepass sub i turned off recuring billing not sure if that is relevant thanks for your help
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

xbox live cancelled when i cancelled game pass

it clearly states when you upgrade that your current gold sub will be cancelled and will be converted to ultimate gamepass as that has all of it included. you cancelled ultimate gamepass and therefore cancelled everything.

you will need to contact support for assistance to see if they will reinstate it.
Thema:

Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why.

1. Xbox UI changes: have cancelled my Gamepass sub in protest. Here's why. - Similar Threads - changes cancelled Gamepass

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. How to cancel a subscription? If you change your region?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to cancel a subscription? If you change your region?: Hi there actually I move to another region past week but I have prepaid subscription for xbox. Now it don't allow me to update it. It's saying you already have subscription from another region....
  8. I got problem i want to change my password but i put old number i cancel this number before...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got problem i want to change my password but i put old number i cancel this number before...: I got problem i want to change my password but i put old number i cancel this number before so now i want to change my password i cannot receive verity code what should i do now?...
  9. Not able to change recovery email due to hacker cancelling the process.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not able to change recovery email due to hacker cancelling the process.: Hello, my microsoft account (same i am using right now) was hacked a few weeks ago and the hacker changed my recovery email and password. I was able to get my account back and change the password...
  10. Earlier today I requested a refund on a game and i changed my mind about it can I cancel it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Earlier today I requested a refund on a game and i changed my mind about it can I cancel it?: Earlier today I requested a refund on a game and i changed my mind about it can I cancel it? 80a751a0-3160-46d7-a473-c714cbc9db2f