xbox turns off during network data transfer

Discus and support xbox turns off during network data transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Terry Venturi, Dec 2, 2023.

1. xbox turns off during network data transfer

Hi Microsoft:

4 Questions:

1). Xbox turning off during data transfer:

I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each Xbox turns itself off during the transfer - presumably because I have not used either system or its controller for hours while the network transfer is underway. Is there a setting or process to keep each xbox on during the data transfer?

2). Will Game progress be lost after the data transfer?

3). If game progress will be lost, how can I transfer game progress as well?

4). I'm hearing rumors that the next generation of Xbox (whenever it is released and whatever it's name will be) is NOT going to have a DVD or CD player included. This concerns me because I have legacy games on Disc that I will still want to play AND I do not want to have to pay for them again. Will Microsoft please come up with a method to provide the faithful Xbox user with discs to get a free download or come up with another way for the legacy games to continued to be used or played WITHOUT playing them again? In my humble opinion, most Xbox users with legacy games would probably be willing to pay up to $9 per legacy game (hopefully less) to convert it to a downloadable game.

If I could make a suggestion, whenever the new Xbox system comes out, perhaps there should be licensing coupon to include with the new Xbox as a bundle that enables the upgrading Xbox enthusiast to convert a handful of legacy titles to downloadable format for free or at discounted rate. FOR EXAMPLE: Convert 5 Legacy games on disc to downloadable format for $25. This would need to be done on the old Xbox system with disc capability BEFORE moving on to the NEW Xbox unit without the Disc capability.

In the alternative, Microsoft could sell an external disc reader to attach to the new Xbox whenever it is released. The reader could be included as part of a bundle at a discount similar to the Diablo game being included in the Xbox X bundle now being offered.

My point in raising the Legacy Game issue in Question #4 is that Microsoft should not IMHO make the legacy titles obsolete or force a longstanding Xbox gamer pay full price to download an older title when they already own the same title on disc. If that were to happen, I believe Microsoft may experience longstanding gamers to jump ship and new gamers to consider other consoles. I have considered changing consoles a few times over the 20 years or so of being a gamer. I have not done so because I have a significant investment in older titles AND I enjoy playing most of them.

While I do not know how the revenue sharing is allocated with the game designers or studios, if the upcoming Xbox did not have a way to allow legacy games on disc to be supported or converted at a discount, the market for new and used titles on disc thru GameStop and other vendors would be negatively impacted and trickle back to decreased revenue potential to Microsoft. Just curious...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

Terry Venturi, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Terry,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Terry Venturi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are having multiple issues described here which are issues on transferring data files from Xbox One to Xbox Series X and the rumors about the next generation in Xbox. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern.

For your questions 1 to 3, we can definitely address here in community while your question no. 4 we suggest creating a new topic and put it in a category under discussion. We do not have the official information on the next generation of Xbox yet and it is best to post it under discussion category for our amazing members to participate on this very interesting topic.

To address your concern about the issue on transferring files through network transfer, the selected will copy over to your Xbox Series X when the conditions below are met:

• Both consoles are connected to the same local network (using a guest or public network isn’t recommended). You should see your host Xbox on the network transfer page. To check this, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Profile & system > Settings > System > Backup & transfer > Network transfer.
    • Your host Xbox is powered on when you start the transfer on the other Xbox. Make sure your power option is set to Sleep.
    • You’re not playing a game on the host Xbox. Launching a game pauses the automatic transfer.
    • Your host Xbox is not downloading a game or app or applying any game updates at the time of the desired transfer.

Game progress will not be lost after the data transfer. If something is wrong with your game progress, you can always check it from your Xbox One and copy the game saved data again. You can also check from the article below to see what moves from your Xbox One to Xbox Series X:

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot copying games and apps using network transfer | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Darrtel Win User

Disc drive not grabbing discs and making clicking sound

You should be able to do a network transfer of the data so you don't use data from your ISP. Should be in settings > System > Backup & Transfer > Network Transfer > "Allow network transfer". When/if you get the new xbox. During set up it should ask you
    if you want to do a network transfer.
  5. Smwutches Win User

big help pls with downloadable content

Did it turn off during the first part of the transfer or the part where you redownload everything?
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Yes

Hi CoSGrönroos! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

That could be a Mic issue or due to a network issue during the voice recording and affected the data transfer
Thema:

1. xbox turns off during network data transfer - Similar Threads - turns off during

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and turns off immediately again. What can I do?: This is a bit of a long story with lots of details. I had an Xbox one S (the white one), I used it at the same socket each time and one day it started turning off immediately after turning on. I...
  4. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 turning off and saying it has bad ventilation: I tried to clean it out of dust and I have also moved it to an open place in my room to give it no blocked ventilation and a space that isnt confined but still after 10 mins it says that my Xbox...
  7. Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x: Hi all, Not sure if I'm being paranoid or if this is a legitimate concern. Last night I turned off my series x and left it in sleep mode. The fan was on still which I presumed is normal. Then...
  8. I cleared Mac settings and then turned off the Xbox during a restart. Now I get no signal...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cleared Mac settings and then turned off the Xbox during a restart. Now I get no signal...: Help please I cleared Mac settings then it prompted to restart xbox so I did then I turned the Xbox off and now when it is on I don’t get any signal to the tv: anything I can do?...
  9. Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x randomly turning off during certain games: I have looked around for someone with the same issue as me and I can't seem to find a post similar to my current situation so I suppose I'll start it. I've had this series x for awhile now and...
  10. Turned off during factory reset

in XBoX on Windows
    Turned off during factory reset: I have been having issues playing games with friends, for about a week or so now, its been slow, freezing etc. I decided to Factory Reset the console while keeping the games and about half an hour...