Xbox turning on but not connecting to TV or controller

Discus and support Xbox turning on but not connecting to TV or controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox One console is turning on and the light stays solid, but it's not connecting to the TV and/or the controllers. I've tried changing the HDMI... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChrisAsh2, Dec 17, 2021.

1. ChrisAsh2
    ChrisAsh2 Guest

The Xbox One console is turning on and the light stays solid, but it's not connecting to the TV and/or the controllers.

I've tried changing the HDMI cord and putting it in different ports etc but the same thing happens, it's just not showing a connecting to the screen.

Any advice is much appreciated

:)

ChrisAsh2, Dec 17, 2021
  2. jeremiah busby Win User

How do I get my series x console to control TV?

I have tried turning everything off and disconnected everything, turned on the tv and connected the xbox to the amp and connected the amp to the tv making sure I plugged in to a arc input and turned that on I made sure the hdmi control on my amp was turned on my xbox will turn my amp on but my amp won't control my tv my old one s console had option to separately control both tv and amp but my series x console only has one option for cec control
  3. ll W I K U ll Win User

Multiple controllers won't connect to my Xbox 360

4. Savvy Joe Win User

XBox Issues

Good news! I got Alexa control working again on the Xbox. Since Alexa sends the signal to the Xbox to turn the volume up/down on the TV, I went to TV control settings in the Xbox settings. Someone had played around with these settings and turned off TV control.
    Now Alexa can control the Xbox/TV volume again.

Unfortunately, the problem with the Xbox app connecting to my Xbox continues. Any advice on this would be appreciated! Thank you for the responses so far!
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Wireless controllers will not sync to console

Well, found this too: If you're using an HDMI connection between the Xbox 360 and the TV, it might be that. When using HDMI, the Xbox won't boot up until it knows what the TV is capable of displaying. Although the controller will turn the console on, it
    won't sync with the console -- and it's not a controller or console problem, but just a symptom of the fact that the Xbox won't get to the point where controllers will sync until it can properly communicate with the TV. I'd recommend turning off the TV and
    the Xbox, disconnecting the HDMI cable and re-connecting it after making sure the contacts are clean. Then turn the Xbox back on first; you'll likely to see the same behavior. Finally, turn the TV back on. With it being switched back into HDMI mode, it just
    might "kick-start" the Xbox into a good communication link across HDMI.
  6. carb0nknight Win User

new controller won't pair up with the Xbox console

If you're using an HDMI connection between the Xbox 360 and the TV, it might be that. When using HDMI, the Xbox won't boot up until it knows what the TV is capable of displaying. Although the controller will turn the console on, it won't sync with the console
    -- and it's not a controller or console problem, but just a symptom of the fact that the Xbox won't get to the point where controllers will sync until it can properly communicate with the TV. I'd recommend turning off the TV and the Xbox, disconnecting the
    HDMI cable and re-connecting it after making sure the contacts are clean. Then turn the Xbox back on first; you'll likely to see the same behavior. Finally, turn the TV back on. With it being switched back into HDMI mode, it just might "kick-start" the Xbox
    into a good communication link across HDMI. Hope that helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox turning on but not connecting to TV or controller - Similar Threads - turning connecting controller

2. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  3. Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....: I haven't used my xbox series X much recently, came back online recently and had to do update for system. Now I keep getting error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection...
  4. Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one s controller connects works then starts to blink rapidly, turns off, then vibrates.: so my xbox one s controller ive had since 2019. Ive updated before. My xbox one s is not an option since it has a hard ware issue(no longer updates no matter how many times i try.) anyway. I...
  5. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  6. It’s not connecting to the monitor when I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    It’s not connecting to the monitor when I turn it on.: For starters the console has a bad internal hard drive. Now it’s not connecting to the monitor and when I turn it on it only stays on for a couple of minutes then shuts off. I have tried 3...
  7. Why will my xbox controller only flash 1 time then turn off without connecting to the xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why will my xbox controller only flash 1 time then turn off without connecting to the xbox...: Why will my xbox controller only flash 1 time then turn off without connecting to the xbox then I put the wire in and it connects for 3 seconds then disconnect I need help please and its not my...
  8. xbox controller won’t connect and usb turns off xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller won’t connect and usb turns off xbox: so i used my xbox controller on my pc last night and it was working fine. this morning i tried to reconnect them using the sync and what not it didn’t work. i tried changing batteries and...
  9. Xbox One controller not turning on and connecting to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller not turning on and connecting to PC: My Xbox One controller has suddenly stopped working, it does not turn on. The only thing it does do is when I hold the Xbox button, it will flash for a short amount of time but nothing else. I've...
  10. xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller turns off immediately after connecting: is there a clear solution to this issue? i'm using Win10 with a Xbox Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Controller the issue is there for years now and to my knowledge it's never really been resolved...