Xbox to VGA monitor problems

Discus and support Xbox to VGA monitor problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a HDMI extension cable to a HDMI to VGA converter to my monitor that i use for the 360 all the time. I Decided to try it on my xbox one that i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xiu-MeiLiao, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Xiu-MeiLiao
    Xiu-MeiLiao Guest

I have a HDMI extension cable to a HDMI to VGA converter to my monitor that i use for the 360 all the time. I Decided to try it on my xbox one that i didnt really play. Now i have tried to hook it up the same way and its not working.

It worked once this morning after trying different settings it finally worked. Didnt change any setting and turned it off when i was done. Went to play again and nothing. At one point i did get a picture without sound but after restarting the xbox i got
    nothing again. Cant get any signal to my monitor. It is working fine on the tv. Tried my 360 again and that is working problem free to my monitor. I just dont understand why it worked and now its not at all.

I have tried disconnect and reconnecting all my cables. Restarted the xbox one. Tried all the combinations of hdmi and dvi overrides aswell as the auto-detect. No matter what i do i cant get a signal to my monitor again. 360 is working well just not xbox
    one.

Just not sure what to do now so im asking you

I do have the HDMI on output and not input

:)

Xiu-MeiLiao, Jul 30, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

D-Sub Fora de escala 67.4kHz / 60Hz [Translation-D-Sub Out of range 67.4kHz / 60Hz] (R E S O L V I D O)

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

It's best to simplify the connections from your Xbox 360 console to your display if possible. If you have The Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable, then these are the steps to connect to your monitor:

1. Connect the A/V connector on the VGA cable to the A/V port on the console.
    2. Connect the VGA connector on the VGA cable to the VGA port on your HDTV or monitor.
    3. Connect the left and right (white and red) audio connectors on the VGA cable to the audio port on the monitor.
    4. Turn on the monitor and console.

Make sure you are also connecting the red and white audio connectors to the monitor.
  3. Thulm Win User

Hooking up a Xbox (the new one) to a 1920x1080 monitor

Have you tried maybe using a port-to-VGA input cord ? .

Considering it's a monitor , and not a TV , the VGA input would better suit the xbox and monitor .
  4. Xiu-MeiLiao Win User

My desktop is capable of 1920x1080.

I have been using my tv to set the resoultion and settings to the lowest then changing the hdmi to the mointor but it wont get a signal. So i have tried low resoultion and all the combos i can think of them.

As writing this i tried one last time. I think my biggest problem was when i was changing the settings i was not turning off the console and restarting it.

I changed the settings to HDMI and disallowed 24Hz and 50Hz, and started it in 420p. whilst on the tv, swapped it but wouldnt appear on the monitor still whilst still being turned on. Leaned over to swap back to the tv and turned it off by accident and so
    i turned it on and it popped up on my monitor. I then changed to 1080p and restarted it and its still on my mointor.

Thank you both for the help. It was a very confusing problem because i knew it would work because it had done twice before but how was a mystery :)

Thank you again :)

EDIT: It has stopped working again, I havent changed any settings since it was last working. I just tested it before and didnt play so it was only on for about 5 mins.

Changed the settings back to how i got it working the first time and im not getting any signal again. I really dont understand this
  5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hi Xiu-MeiLiao

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that
    the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!
  6. Xiu-MeiLiao Win User

Audio is built into the adapter. My setup is; A 5 Meter HDMI cable into the xbox with a female end, the adapter goes into that end and then a vga cable from the adapter to monitor. Just 3 parts. I have tried setting the xbox up closer just to test with the
    2 latter parts but i still get no signal. I cant set it up closer because space is limited in the computer room. If i di set it up closer it will risk being stepped on or overheating in a tight space

Im just trying to get a display from the monitor through the vga input. Yes i have the pc through the DVI input and the only other input i have is the vga. I know to make sure im selecting a different input on the monitor settings. Im not really sure what
    you mean, im not running the xbox into the computer at all just straight to the monitor. My monitor is capable of 60hz and 1080p too.

I have ordered a new, different adapter to test that. Capable of 1080p so i will test that when it arrives.

Biggest thing im confused about is that it has worked so why is it not consistently working.
Thema:

1. Xbox to VGA monitor problems - Similar Threads - VGA monitor problems

2. Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect two monitors together by two vgas? i have a two sided vga cable and want to...: i just want to know if i can have my cousins monitor transfer whats going on on his screen to mine using a doouble sided vga cable a77495bc-7272-4995-90d1-fbd54e9775ff
  3. VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA monitor says no signal when connected to xbox series s with hdmi to vga adapter: Hello, I just got my hmdi to vga adapter to play my xbox series s on my vga monitor but when i turn my xbox on it just says no signal please can someone help me as I'm not sure what to do....
  4. Xbox to pc monitor using VGA cable

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox to pc monitor using VGA cable: Hi all. Can I connect my Xbox one to a pc monitor? The monitor has a VGA cable. Do the adaptors work? submitted by /u/stevec92 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox One S to VGA monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S to VGA monitor: hey there. I have a VGA monitor I want to use with my xbox one s, and my monitor does not have an HDMI input. I had an old PS4 have issues with the HDMI to VGA adapter. It would just flash when...
  6. Can I connect my Xbox to a vga monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect my Xbox to a vga monitor: So im trying to connext my monitor to xbox and i would like to know if this adapter will work i slreyd bougnt jts on its way can somebody conifirm it for me please...
  7. Can I use VGA Monitor with Xbox One S:Digital Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use VGA Monitor with Xbox One S:Digital Edition: Monitor TypeLCDScreen Size18.5Flat ScreenYesDot Pitch0.300Response Time5Dynamic Contrast Ratio50000:1 I have an Acer G195HQL. I was wondering if I could use this VGA...
  8. Xbox One to VGA monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One to VGA monitor: Hey guys! I'm wanting to buy an Xbox One, but at the moment, I only have an HP x20LED monitor that I used for my 360. My concern is the HDMI to VGA conversion. Will the monitor be able to support...
  9. Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting XBox 360 Slim via VGA to a PC Monitor.: I have an XBox 360 Slim model that I now need to move off my HDTV onto a PC Monitor. I purchased a 3rd party cable set that allows me to connect my PC monitor via VGA using these cables. However,...
  10. VGA Monitor + Sound Cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    VGA Monitor + Sound Cable: I am going to be getting an XBox One and do not own a television. I have a VGA monitor, non-HDMI, without internal speakers. What cable do I need to play the Xbox using the monitor? I know it's...