Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity

Discus and support Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve been recently having problems with my left thumb stick. When I would move in certain directions the character on screen would not move accordingly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Creamerss, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Creamerss
    Creamerss Guest

Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity

I’ve been recently having problems with my left thumb stick. When I would move in certain directions the character on screen would not move accordingly or not move at all. I had assumed it was something going wrong on the inside of the controller so I disassembled it and cleaned it up and everything. I then tested the thumb stick out without putting the front casing on and it was working almost perfectly fine. However when I put the front casing back on the controller, the thumb stick acts the same way it did before, not responding. Even when I just lay the top casing over the controller and not snapping it into place the problem still persists. I now have to play with the front of the controller completely off or else I can’t play with it at all. What is going on?

:)

Creamerss, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Das Koop Win User

elite series 2

It took me a while to adjust, but now that I have, a regular Xbox controller doesn't feel right after spending a couple weeks with the Elite 2.

I'm using the middle thumb stick tension for both thumb sticks. For my right thumb stick I changed the settings from Default to Instant. I have the left thumb stick set to the middle tension as well with the settings at Smooth.
  3. Ninja Bryson Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

It's called drifting it can be fixed watching a YouTube tutorial.
  4. Ov3R fR4g Uk Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

Sounds like youre having stick drift which is common in older controllers that have some wear on them. If its still under warranty consider contacting either microsoft or your place that you purchased it to get it swapped over. If its out of warranty it
    looks like sadly the only thing you can do is buy a new controller.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

Hi Lily,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. Sounds like your controller may have become defective. You can try to update the controller may sync it back to original. Otherwise if the controller is within warranty (90 days from purchase) for original
    controllers. You can get it replaced/repaired by going to
    device support

Thanks,

Brad
  6. {Parity} Win User

Xbox Thumb Stick

Sounds like you are having stick drift. If it is under warranty contact
    Xbox Support
    for assistance else it will need to be replaced.
Thema:

Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity

1. Xbox Thumb-stick Oddity - Similar Threads - Thumb stick Oddity

2. Thumb stick won’t click

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thumb stick won’t click: I’ve had a series 2 elite controller since October of 2022 and it’s been great since I got it. But today I noticed the right thumb stick doesn’t have the click to it when pressed that the left one...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2, both thumb sticks are rapidly moving in every direction: I don't know how to best describe this problem and i haven't found any other posts about this issue. Used my controller yesterday and was fine, went to use it today to find both thumb sticks are...
  4. Adaptive controller thumb stick emplacement device?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller thumb stick emplacement device?: Will this product work with the Xbox Adaptive Controller to control left stick if I I plug into the left USB or other port? Will this work with XAC as substitute left stick? Perixx PERIPAD-501...
  5. Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller right thumb stick adding split screen to games (rocket league...: I've been saving up for an elite 2 controller and was exited to finally see it at my doorstep and play some rocket league after not getting to play it for a month and now I'm having a big problem....
  6. No solution for a second thumb stick

in XBoX Accessibility
    No solution for a second thumb stick: I have the logitech 3d pro on my XAC and it works just fine complicate to program you have to reprogram it for every game my problem his you sale a kit of buton to go with the XAC I have juste one...
  7. My left thumb stick doesn’t work sometimes anybody know what’s up with it

in XboX Insiders
    My left thumb stick doesn’t work sometimes anybody know what’s up with it: I really appreciate to know how to fix it as well submitted by /u/Rainproductions1 [link] [comments]
  8. Elite controller series 2 - left thumb stick unscrews help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2 - left thumb stick unscrews help: Hello, I just bought 2 series 2 elite controllers and on the one I am using for myself the left thumb stick will unscrew and this is without the included tool to change the tension. I don't...
  9. Thumb pad sticking up on controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Thumb pad sticking up on controllers: Hi I have 3 controllers for my series S One that came with the unit & two purchased from jbhi. The right thumb control stick stays in the up position when pushed until you push it back down....
  10. Xbox one s thumb sticks not working on game stream

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s thumb sticks not working on game stream: Hello I am have been having trouble troubleshooting my thumb sticks not working but all of them haven't helped, I have tried flipping my phone upside down reconnecting my xbox controller to my...