Xbox taking ages to sign in and cant restart just gets stuck on grey screen

Discus and support Xbox taking ages to sign in and cant restart just gets stuck on grey screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello my xbox one s is taking ages to load anything and when I get on the dashboard games take to long to start.I have tried everything please help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PajamaboySn, Mar 14, 2021.

1. PajamaboySn
    PajamaboySn Guest

Hello my xbox one s is taking ages to load anything and when I get on the dashboard games take to long to start.I have tried everything please help

:)

PajamaboySn, Mar 14, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello PajamaboySn, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I highly recommend following the troubleshooting steps here:

After each step try to see if the issue is fixed!

First, hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, until the console shuts off, then unplug the power cord and wait for 2-3 minutes before plugging it back in and turn on the Xbox.

If the issue persists, please select System > Settings > General > Network setting > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address: clear

Then, please select System > Settings > devices and streaming > blue ray > persistent storage > clear three times > restart console.

If you are still encountering the same issue, please select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Travis EH Win User

Logging in Issue

Mine gets stuck in the loading screen!It just sits there for ages. Anyone know how to reboot it? I've taken the disc out, restarted the xbox, gone out of farcry and started something else and then gone back and still stuck on the load screen. This is in
    offline mode by the way. Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. ShrekAteMyKidz Win User

Xbox dashboard took too long to start error?

IM STUCK ON A GREY SCREEN SO I CANT EVEN GO TO MY SETTINGS HELPPPPPP!!!!!
  5. XBF - Drew Win User

Problems with Xbox App Win 11

Hi Aspry,

We don't have any updates at this time, thank you for submitting feedback.

XBF-Drew

Edited to include:

Do you get the grey square when you sign in as well? The other thread you posted that you tried troubleshooting steps in shows the grey square but wanted to confirm that the problem is the same.

Try the troubleshooting steps on this thread as 11 other users found them helpful and let us know if it resolves the problem: Xbox stuck on grey login screen - Microsoft Community
  6. Sarveon Win User

Microsoft Store ROBLOX stuck on Checking for Updates on the app.

It worked, But I cant log in to my account, It wouldnt say anything about an error the textbox for the password and username just turns grey and gets stuck.
Thema:

1. Xbox taking ages to sign in and cant restart just gets stuck on grey screen - Similar Threads - taking ages sign

2. my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox takes so long to load things even though its series s: i cant load fortnite as when i turn it on it gets stuck on connecting screen and when i go in game aftrer 45 minutes it gets stuck loading in and out of the game like what the heck is this........
  3. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  4. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  5. When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are Xbox going to take action against dupe gamer tags: Hello, I was wondering if Xbox was going to do anything about the duplicate gamer tags that are out there. I have a gamer tag that I want to un-space but can’t because there’s a duplicate of it...
  6. How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I sign in with a Microsoft Account without it taking me to the xbox website?: I want to make a Microsoft account on my Playstation but every time I sign in it takes me to the xbox website. I don’t want that. So my question is, what do I do so I can play online with my...
  7. My minecraft is taking ages to load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft is taking ages to load: after i open the launcher and press play it takes around 20-30 minutes until the mojang loading screen shows up. this did not use to happen and i have no idea why it is now. (java edition windows...
  8. Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Everytime I try to change the accent color of my series x it takes ages to load and after...: Hi, everytime I try to go to the settings to change my accent color it would just load for ages and and eventually show up an error that says "We can't show color options right now" what can I do...
  9. Takes ages to install Apps from 0.0%

in XboX Insiders
    Takes ages to install Apps from 0.0%: I was trying to install apps but it literally was sitting there at 0.0% for a good half a minute before it all of a sudden starts downloading from the network in chunks. I'm not having this issue...
  10. Profile sign-in takes ages after getting a new router, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile sign-in takes ages after getting a new router, how do I fix this?: I connect to my xbox series x over ethernet. I recently got a new router. I have 500MB internet. When I boot my xbox, it prompts me to choose who to sign in (I have it set to auto sign-in my...