Xbox SX will not connect to my Verizon LTE home internet

Discus and support Xbox SX will not connect to my Verizon LTE home internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just got my new Verizon LTE home internet which is a white cube for home internet. My issue is when I try to connect wireless from my Series X it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bricktrucker, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Bricktrucker
    Bricktrucker Guest

I just got my new Verizon LTE home internet which is a white cube for home internet. My issue is when I try to connect wireless from my Series X it refuses to connect. I select the ssid & enter the correct password, but after a short try for connection it reverts to tell me to enter the password again. Like I typed it in wrong. However, the password is right. I've connected a different Xbox S in my home fine (wireless) with no issues. If I turn off security then I can connect my series X with no issues, and am able to play games etc. Is there some setting I'm unaware of that I need to change so I can secure my wifi and play? I've never heard of this issue. I should note i ran an eth cable from the cube also and it connected, but I wasn't able to join games with the other player in my house. Very weird & I'm flummoxed

:)

Bricktrucker, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Bricktrucker Win User

Ok, so it's fixed. Here's what I did. Went into wifi settings, turned off band steering, turned off 2.4ghz while leaving 5ghz on. Under 5ghz I did as you recommended and set channel bandwidth to 40Mhz. I think that's what fixed it. However, I should add that while I was waiting on the router to update all this info; I cleared alt mac address & allowed the console to reset. Thanks and I hope this helps others as I've read similar post, but no one mentioned to be sure and turn off band steering & 2.4ghz while leaving only one on. Maybe I missed that & maybe its elementary for some ppl, but again I hope this helps.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Bricktrucker. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please try to change your wireless network password and see if this helps? Please make sure to use WPA2 instead of WPS. Also, I would suggest you to configure your wireless bandwidth to around 40-50Mhz. While there is no official statement about this, I have seen several users with wireless connection issues on Xbox consoles that got it solved by just changing the wireless bandwidth to 40-50Mhz.

Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

You are welcome. I'm really glad it is working now! If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Else, have a nice week and great gaming!
  5. StEwArT iZ kOoL Win User

my xbox wont connect to my verizon wifi 890l

I have the same problem I played earlier today now I come home and its not working I'm using the Verizon mifi 4g lte
  6. PaulBinder Win User

Xbox won't connect to Verizon Hotspot

I used a hot spot to game while my internet was down. It was good for a temporary fix but I noticed burst of lag every now and then. It seems to me this is also happening to you.

I looked into others trying the 4G LTE (as I was using the Nokia 900) and found this :

www.carrypad.com/.../verizons-4g-lte-a-capable-gaming-connection

He stated that his connection " occasionally crap out in short bursts and greatly impact gameplay". He also mentions that his NAT is strict and has no way around it.

The connection greatly depends on your area and signal strength. Even then it is still, literally, up in the air. I don't believe it is your xbox. Perhaps if you had a friend with a wireless connection you could check it with?.

In the end having a closed NAT and burst of service interruption makes this a poor choice in a permanent solution,
Thema:

1. Xbox SX will not connect to my Verizon LTE home internet - Similar Threads - connect Verizon LTE

2. Black ops three unable to connect to online but it only happens on Xbox with Verizon Internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops three unable to connect to online but it only happens on Xbox with Verizon Internet: Me as well as hundreds of NJ verizon players are having an AB...FG error code and i wanted to see when Black ops three will be playable again 64c44753-b3a1-4f9e-b609-18f47242f083
  3. Can't Connect to Verizon MIFI

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Can't Connect to Verizon MIFI: Can't Connect to Verizon MIFI Try power cycling both units, disconnecting both from power for 30-60 seconds. If it's still not working, make sure to forget the network and try connecting again....
  4. Xbox One can't connect to Verizon WiFi

Xbox One can't connect to Verizon WiFi: Xbox One can't connect to Verizon WiFi Hello Tara, We understand that you're experiencing an issue concerning an inability for your Xbox One console to connect to your home network. We recommend...
  5. Verizon: Cant connect to wireless internet

Verizon: Cant connect to wireless internet: Verizon (ISPs): Cant connect to wireless internet The ip automatic setting and hard reset worked for me thank god!!!!! a84d72f5-1d24-4a52-b5e0-4edf21cd6fda
  6. Verizon: Cant connect to wireless internet

Verizon: Cant connect to wireless internet: Verizon (ISPs): Cant connect to wireless internet If you can figure it out can you let me know what to do? It connected for me once but not again. d8e1037f-24db-4b92-83ee-4ccfea2aaa69
  7. Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi

Verizon: Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi: Verizon (ISPs): Xbox says "Your security protocol won't work" Cant connect to wifi Hello Matt! If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting your Campus's IT department. They may have ways...
  8. Verizon Verizon Jetpack 890L: Xbox One X won't connect to Verizon Jetpack

Verizon Verizon Jetpack 890L: Xbox One X won't connect to Verizon Jetpack: Verizon (Hotspots) Verizon Jetpack 890L: Xbox One X won't connect to Verizon Jetpack My Xbox won't connect to the jet pack. It will recognize the hot spot and password, but when it checks the...
  9. Verizon Verizon Wireless Fivespot: Xbox will NOT connect to internet

Verizon Verizon Wireless Fivespot: Xbox will NOT connect to internet: Verizon (Hotspots) Verizon Wireless Fivespot: Xbox will NOT connect to internet my Xbox will NOTconnect to the internet. I have tried to test it and restart the console but nothing will work...
  10. Verizon Novatel MiFi 2200: can't connect my iphone 6 to my xbox one !!!!!!!!!! plz help me i ...

Verizon Novatel MiFi 2200: can't connect my iphone 6 to my xbox one !!!!!!!!!! plz help me i ...: Verizon (Hotspots) Novatel MiFi 2200: can't connect my iphone 6 to my xbox one !!!!!!!!!! plz help me i am dying i changed from ps .. to xbox one and this was a huge mistake since then i became an...