Xbox suddenly froze, and now has the "black screen of death" help is appreciated

Discus and support Xbox suddenly froze, and now has the "black screen of death" help is appreciated in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one has been working great up until last night when my xbox froze when I was playing borderlands 2 (handsome collection). I tried dashboarding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xDrOOz, Apr 6, 2015.

1. xDrOOz
    xDrOOz Guest

Xbox suddenly froze, and now has the "black screen of death" help is appreciated

My xbox one has been working great up until last night when my xbox froze when I was playing borderlands 2 (handsome collection). I tried dashboarding and quiting the game/app using start etc, but my xbox as a whole froze and had to manually shut it down.
    This leads to my current problem, I can turn on my xbox hear the sounds it makes but my monitor stays black . I've checked the cables and tried desperately to run through the power cycles but nothing is working. I can't even reset the display settings by holding
    the eject and power button. Please If you have any ideas on how to fix this it would greatly be appreciated thank you.

:)

xDrOOz, Apr 6, 2015
  2. New system update has messed up my gaming

[quote user="A Frozen Poo"]

Just installed it and now my screen keeps flashing black screens and i cant play any games because of the BSOD

[/quote]

Check your visual cables between the console and the tv.

CAPTAIN BUMFISH, Apr 6, 2015
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    "Black screen of death "

Hi, should the above not work there is always the option to factory restore the Xbox using a USB flash drive as described in the following link.

forums.xbox.com/.../1966948.aspx

As you're seeing the green screen before things go to black it would appear that the Xbox is sending the signal to your TV correctly so a factory restore may be the way to go.

Good Luck !

EggsBoxJuan, Apr 6, 2015
  4. Xbox suddenly froze, and now has the "black screen of death" help is appreciated

DigitalAssassin, Apr 7, 2015
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

6. StanBowman Win User

Stuck on xbox logo screen

Has this issue been resolved or you? My screen is similarly locked. We played several different games yesterday and today. The game froze (downloaded Assassin's Creed Black Flag). We turned the system off and back on and the Green Screen of death appeared.
  7. ShadowAckers Win User

Xbox not working 100%

At least your Xbox works man. I've had this "Black screen of death" for days now and not a single xbox support staff member nor community has been able to help.
  8. Zero420override Win User

xbox is black screened

9. HolstenRitter0 Win User

Error code 0x8027025a

same here, green/black screen of death finally solved and now 0x8027025a
Thema:

1. Xbox suddenly froze, and now has the "black screen of death" help is appreciated - Similar Threads - suddenly froze has

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Hp omen 17's camera stopped working all of a sudden.: Hello, I was trying to call someone on discord and the camera wasn't working so i checked if it was working anywhere else and it consistently does this thing where it just shows an icon of a...
  4. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  5. Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset Suddenly stopped responding: So my Stealth™ 600 Gen 2 USB Headset, midgame just stopped working. I’ve been using it for about a year and no problems till now. All of a sudden the sound stopped coming through and no...
  6. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  7. How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix sudden and permanent 100% packet loss on my Xbox X console?: I just bought the new Xbox series x console about 2 weeks ago. I had had no previous issues with packet loss. I was in the middle of playing a game with a large group of friends a couple hours in...
  8. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  9. Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting: Hello all of a sudden my Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during game play i even tried plugging the cable directly into the controller and still starts flashing for...
  10. My game shows me as offline now was playing and all of a sudden game froze and now I'm...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My game shows me as offline now was playing and all of a sudden game froze and now I'm...: My game shows me as offline now was playing and all of a sudden game froze and now I'm unable to use any of the LIVE features it has such as gaming with others. None of it. I contacted support...