Xbox stuck on green startup screen - PLEASE HELP

Discus and support Xbox stuck on green startup screen - PLEASE HELP in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I hard reset my console and now it will not go past the green start up screen. It just sets there and loads forever. I've tried everything from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Do the DO 72, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Do the DO 72
    Do the DO 72 Guest

I hard reset my console and now it will not go past the green start up screen. It just sets there and loads forever. I've tried everything from restarting it twenty times to resetting the display settings. I left it on while i was sleeping and when i woke
    up the screen was black so i turned it off and back on again. It went back to the loading screen.

:)

Do the DO 72, Mar 13, 2016
  2. AlanaBlais
    AlanaBlais Guest
    Stuck on green screen

Our xbox started getting stuck on the green startup screen the other day. We tried both reset options, unplugged and replugged, and did everything else we could find to do to no avail. After waiting forever for everything to download again, we are back
    at the green startup screen. Please help.

AlanaBlais, Mar 13, 2016
  3. green startup screen

my Xbox one s battlefield edition is stuck on the green Xbox logo startup screen , how do I fix this please help or what do I do to help fix this problem

xxRattler82xx, Mar 13, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

When doing the hard reset did you remove power from the console all together? Sometimes that will help. Try doing your hard reset like this Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power
    cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test for results. Let us know and Good Luck!

{Parity}, Mar 14, 2016
  5. Cabooty02
    Cabooty02 Guest
    Introduction & explainton

Hello,

You may also need to remove the persistent storage on the console also there's no need to unplug the console for five minutes of that has nothing to do with the power cycling options

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-consolehere&
    a link out of properly power cycle your Xbox One console. Below I will give you instructions how to clean your persistent storage on the console too as this sometimes could lead to slow power ups and blank screens
    and or green screens.

Soultion 1

Press the menu key of the controller.

Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.

In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".

Select "Clear persistent storage"

Suggestions

Here's a list of things I would also check as well they might not be related to your issue but they might help fix other issues in the future

Make sure the system has plenty of air flow going across the fans

Check to make sure the power brick does not get too hot and also has air flow

Check the hard drive on the system to make sure there is plenty of space for the normal system services to run

Check HDMI sources to make sure cords are not bent or broken

These May prevent you from having further issues in the future. I hope this solve your issue if not please reply back to this post so we can continue troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Cabooty

Cabooty02, Mar 15, 2016
  6. Cabooty02 the help offered by Genisis1953 is good sound advice, We are here to help not confuse people.

GrowlingYapper, Mar 15, 2016
  7. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Removing the power from the console helps to reset the hardware components within the console. It in many cases is the cleanest way of doing that.

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  8. GrowlingYapper Win User

Cabooty02 the help offered by Genisis1953 is good sound advice, We are here to help not confuse people.
  9. {Parity} Win User

Removing the power from the console helps to reset the hardware components within the console. It in many cases is the cleanest way of doing that.
  10. Cabooty02 Win User

Introduction & explainton

Hello,

You may also need to remove the persistent storage on the console also there's no need to unplug the console for five minutes of that has nothing to do with the power cycling options

support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-consolehere&
    a link out of properly power cycle your Xbox One console. Below I will give you instructions how to clean your persistent storage on the console too as this sometimes could lead to slow power ups and blank screens
    and or green screens.

Soultion 1

Press the menu key of the controller.

Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.

In the BLU-RAY section select "Persistent Storage".

Select "Clear persistent storage"

Suggestions

Here's a list of things I would also check as well they might not be related to your issue but they might help fix other issues in the future

Make sure the system has plenty of air flow going across the fans

Check to make sure the power brick does not get too hot and also has air flow

Check the hard drive on the system to make sure there is plenty of space for the normal system services to run

Check HDMI sources to make sure cords are not bent or broken

These May prevent you from having further issues in the future. I hope this solve your issue if not please reply back to this post so we can continue troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Cabooty
  11. {Parity} Win User

When doing the hard reset did you remove power from the console all together? Sometimes that will help. Try doing your hard reset like this Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power
    cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console. Once it is back up and operational test for results. Let us know and Good Luck!
  12. Noahgriff Win User

6 week old Xbox One broke

Hey, when it is stuck on the black/green screen, try this

Please go to this page https://t.co/iK8z3rA0uo and select the option "I Need to Troubleshoot A System Update Error" Then your console version, then "I Am Experiencing A Startup Issue". Then "Black Screen/green screen" (whichever you are experiancing). Follow
    the instructions.
Thema:

1. Xbox stuck on green startup screen - PLEASE HELP - Similar Threads - stuck green startup

2. Xbox got stuck on a green screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox got stuck on a green screen: I was downloading a xbox game and the speed started to slow down from 200/mbps to 20/mbps, so i decided to restart the xbox. After restarting it got stuck on the green loading screen for about 30...
  3. My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox was stuck on the green loading screen then it turns black how can I fix it: My Xbox turned on to the loading screen it’s green about three minutes later it turns black how can I fix that ed758c99-f9d4-43fe-8b08-b304a456a3e4
  4. Xbox one stuck on green loading screen….

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stuck on green loading screen….: My son’s Xbox one is stuck on the green Xbox screen. I know Xbox one is an older console but it was a gift to him. Can someone plz help :( I can not afford to buy him another one right now...
  5. My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one is stuck on green screen. I tried hard reset and it's still not working: Green screen of death on Xbox one 9a566f76-64fe-4f84-bffc-ca4e9b615cc2
  6. Xbox One stuck on green screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck on green screen: I turned in my Xbox and it was stuck on green screen then I restarted my Xbox by turning it on with the controller. I pressed on the home button until there was a vibration then I pressed on the...
  7. Xbox stuck at a green screen

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox stuck at a green screen: My xbox is stuck at a green screen and it won't work now do I did it I've tried almost everything dac223de-80ae-4323-aa22-4850293163a3
  8. My Xbox One keeps getting stuck on green screen on start up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One keeps getting stuck on green screen on start up.: Why does my Xbox One keep getting stuck on green screen as it starts up after power off state? I have been facing this issue around a month after i bought the unit (second hand) about 6 months...
  9. Xbox stuck on Green startup screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stuck on Green startup screen: I was updating my Xbox a few nights ago, when it got stuck during installation at around 94% I think. I was forced to turn it off and return later to try again, but now whenever I turn it on it...
  10. Stuck on Black Screen After Green Startup Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck on Black Screen After Green Startup Screen: Hey, A couple weeks ago I was playing NBA 2K15 and all of a sudden the game freezes, this happens every now and then so I just shrugged it off and restarted my console, only, I was greeted by a...