Xbox streaming to windows works great but can't turn console on via app why?

Discus and support Xbox streaming to windows works great but can't turn console on via app why? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone hopefully someone can give me some ideas as to why I'm having this issue. Anyway my problem is if I go and turn the xbox on manually using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alixandr, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Alixandr
    Alixandr Guest

Hi everyone hopefully someone can give me some ideas as to why I'm having this issue. Anyway my problem is if I go and turn the xbox on manually using the xbox controller or on the front of the xbox or thirdly say xbox on the xbox turns on fine as it should.
    However if I then go to my pc in my room to stream games from the xbox now that its turned on it works great. However if I load up the xbox app on my windows pc without going in the living room to actually physically turn the xbox on and I click the turn on
    xbox in the app it never works and fails. It used to work but stopped ages ago and has never worked since, seems strange how the streaming works great when the xbox is already on so it's connecting to the xbox fine but I can't turn it on via the app.

My pc is connected straight to the router via Etherent cable and the xbox is also connected via ethernet cable but this connection is done via powerline adaptors. Do you think it could be the powerline adaptors causing the issue? However I have always use
    them and as I said the Turn on function used to work with the same setup. Anyone experiencing the similar issues?

Cheers

Alexander

:)

Alixandr, Feb 28, 2016
  2. Bubaa2706
    Bubaa2706 Guest
    Xbox App missing stream buttons

Hi!

I have a problem with Xbox app.

Just spent like 2 hours with support agent via chat - nothing seems to help.

Here it is.

On Xbox app in Connections (where you can see your currently running game) I have no stream option.

I have tried to install both Xbox app, and Xbox app (beta) - the same problem. I installed Windows Feature Media pack (or something like that). Still not good.

I have renamed my Xbox console name - still nothing.

To make things clear - I can connect to Xbox console via Xbox app on my laptop, but I can't stream games from console to laptop.

Stream buttons are missing from application.

From main tab (home I believe) there is an option streaming - but when I click on it, I get message that I have to turn on streaming on my console... in preferences under settings. This is frustrating because all options to stream are on...

On laptop I have Windows 10 pro N.

Please, help...

Bubaa2706, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Shadowz247
    Shadowz247 Guest
    No longer able to Remotely power on the Xbox One

I can turn it on using the android app as well as the windows 10 app. Are all the game sharing/ streaming setting set properly on your console? also make sure all your apps are up to date. But I do think its your console settings.

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming

Happy gaming

Shadowz247, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Alixandr,

Sorry you're having issues with powering your Xbox on via app. Have you verified the power settings on your console to make sure it's set for "Instant On". To do this go to Settings, All Settings, Power, and make sure it's on "instant on". This is not a
    feature that will work if it's set to Energy Saving Mode.

Hordie, Feb 29, 2016
  5. Alixandr
    Alixandr Guest
    Yeah it's on instant on. Wouldn't be able to turn the xbox on by saying xbox on if it was on energy saving mode.

Alixandr, Oct 31, 2018
  6. iBakez Win User

Windows 10, support and release date

@Gaudy...

If you are streaming to windows, there should be no reason why any game wouldn't work? These game DO NOT run on windows, they run from your xbox and then you stream them to windows via the xbox app.
  7. Hordie Win User

Hi Alixandr,

Sorry you're having issues with powering your Xbox on via app. Have you verified the power settings on your console to make sure it's set for "Instant On". To do this go to Settings, All Settings, Power, and make sure it's on "instant on". This is not a
    feature that will work if it's set to Energy Saving Mode.
  8. Alixandr Win User

Yeah it's on instant on. Wouldn't be able to turn the xbox on by saying xbox on if it was on energy saving mode.
  9. MasterChiefmas Win User

Windows 10 Game Streaming Microphone Not Working!

I've been running into this for sometime as well. The work around I have, but it's not great, is to join a party from the Xbox app on Windows, then start the stream backup. Voice chat seems fine from there, you just can't seem to get the mic to stream
    to the xbox anymore.
  10. PalmettoBling Win User

Backwards compatible streaming?

Are you talking about streaming from an Xbox 360 device, or streaming 360 backwards compatible games on the Xbox One? I thought you could already stream the 360 games on Xbox One via the Xbox Console Companion app on Windows or Xbox Streaming app on mobile
    (streaming from your console). Or are you talking about 360 games via xCloud? If it's xCloud, then they haven't said, but I would imagine they would add some titles from 360 and original Xbox via the service. I don't know what goes into getting each title
    into and work with the service, but it would be cool and can't be too bad compared to Xbox One titles as they improve the service.

To clarify, they have not announced anything, so no official word, but it is not impossible and I would say (again, stressing this is speculation) that it is likely as the service is fleshed out.
Thema:

1. Xbox streaming to windows works great but can't turn console on via app why? - Similar Threads - streaming windows works

2. How do you connect a stream on xbox to tik tok

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you connect a stream on xbox to tik tok: I would love to know how to put my gaming on tik Tok live 64269345-e9a3-44b2-9b3a-6cc7e22e1ecf
  3. Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friend Streaming - Nonstop Notifications: I have a friend on Xbox who’s a favorite. All of a sudden every time they stream, I get notifications every 5 minutes from them that they are streaming. If I remove them as a favorite it stops....
  4. When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When streaming anything (Hulu, DIsney+, MAX, Paramount+, etc.) there is significant video...: I know this isn't a network issue as we have tested the modem connection (both upload and download), and have streamed things from laptops and phones. They don't appear to be the issue. We have...
  5. Stream my xbox ganeplay to tiktok tell me how to do this

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Stream my xbox ganeplay to tiktok tell me how to do this: Hey id love to know how i can strewm my xbox gameplay to tiktok i need more information 94498671-c888-4e8e-924a-988c57559cbb
  6. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  7. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  8. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835
  9. I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't stream on mixer and screenshot window is empty: Hello everyone, so I have a big problem ... I don't know how to solve my problems. When I launch game bar, there is no problem to communicate with others players or film my game but I can't stream...
  10. Xbox One X Stream to Window 10 only 640x480

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One X Stream to Window 10 only 640x480: Here is my setup: Xbox One X Intel NUC i7-7567U 16GB RAM Intel Iris 650 Graphics Westinghouse 1080p 42" TV (HDMI) Dell 2407WFP Monitor (USB-C -> DVI) I have tried opening the Xbox app on...