Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p?

Discus and support Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It’s not clear to me if the current Xbox App on PC supports 1080p streaming from the Xbox Series X or if the Xbox Game Streaming Test App supports... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Uberkull, Jun 20, 2023.

1. /u/Uberkull
    /u/Uberkull Guest

It’s not clear to me if the current Xbox App on PC supports 1080p streaming from the Xbox Series X or if the Xbox Game Streaming Test App supports 1080p …or neither?

Does anyone know if 1080p is supported on either Xbox App?
    Or is there a different subreddit to ask this question ?

submitted by /u/Uberkull
    [link] [comments]

/u/Uberkull, Jun 20, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Streamingt from Xbox Series X to Xbox Series S

Output from Streaming is 1080p

The disc must physically be in the drive contained in a console to work.
  3. Shaggy2000 Win User

Steaming through 4k Laptop instead of 4k TV for Xbox One X. Same result?

Ye you'd be pretty much destroying any benefit you get from it being 4K as I doubt the streaming app would stream at native 4k, more like 1080p
  4. ChrisCuddy Win User

Xbox One TV resolution vs. Windows 10 streaming resolution

I can answer my own question here that the Xbox One will stream at whatever resolution it is set to in the settings, so if I set the console to 720p it will stream at 720p. It isn't possible to pass a 720p signal out the HDMI output, but use a 1080p output
    for streaming (unless you constantly change the settings back and forth).

The PC will scale to full screen no matter what, but 1080p looks much better than 720p on a 1080p monitor. The problem is if I set to 1080p when streaming to my PC and forget about it, then the next time when I try to use my TV I would get garbled graphics
    because it can't accept the 1080p output, so I would need to go back upstairs and stream to my PC to reset the settings to 720p before I can use the TV again.

How I solved this problem was to use an HDFury 4S scaler to connect to my TV and scale the Xbox One down from 1080p to 1080i, which is the maximum resolution of my gaming TV. That allows me to keep the Xbox One console set on 1080p at all times.
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

4k streaming on Amazon video?

Hello Krohn,

I'm an old Top Gear fan from way back. Started streaming the shows on my Xbox 360. The Grand Tour is great :D but, I have only streamed it on my PC. So, I have to ask: When you say Amazon and Netflix, you are referring to the Amazon and Netflix Apps running
    on your Xbox? And, do I understand correctly, you are not having problems with 4K streaming via the Netflix App? Then the question is, is it only The Grand Tour that streams at 1080p using the Amazon App? The Amazon App may be able to support 4K streaming,
    but is it 4K content that is getting to the Xbox...?

SA
  6. Magistrar Win User

Game streaming resolution when TV is off or on different input

Here's some additional details for Microsoft. I am using two xbox ones and a windows 10 pc:

- an original model xbox one connected to a 1080p tv and a wireless AC network connection

- an xbox one S connected to a 4K tv and wired networking

- windows 10 pc with a 1080p monitor and wired networking

Game streaming works perfectly to the original model xbox one with a wireless connection. From my windows 10 PC I can turn on the console, start streaming, and the resolution is great.

With the xbox one S though, even though I have a wired network connection to both the PC and that xbox, I will only be able to stream in 640x480 resolution unless I turn on the TV before I try to stream. I can also report that if I do turn on the TV first
    and begin streaming in 1080p, I can then turn off the TV without affecting my 1080p streaming until I turn the xbox off.

This appears to be a bug for our particular configuration, and it's not getting any attention from Microsoft because their streaming test cases are passing. It could be a difference of original model xbox vs. xbox one S, but I'm expecting it has something
    to do with the 4K display settings on the xbox, HDCP, and/or trying to stream to a lower resolution of 1080p.
Thema:

1. Xbox Streaming App from Console - 1080p? - Similar Threads - Streaming App Console

2. Xbox app streaming problem OBS Studios

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app streaming problem OBS Studios: So I stream on kick sometimes and the few times I did the game started freezing, not for me while looking at my pc but for steam it just froze and I had to minimize the window and then maximize...
  3. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  4. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  6. XBOX Series X Streaming Apps In 4k?

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X Streaming Apps In 4k?: Hi. Are Parmount+, Prime Video, Netflix, MAX, AppleTV+ and Disney+ in 4k HDR, Dolby Vision? Thanks. ccd21945-c773-44c0-9246-8daed8f1ae56
  7. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  8. cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app: cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app f3bde650-cf7a-4185-b9a7-a032a7b7c55d
  9. All streaming apps do not work on my Xbox one.

in XBoX on Windows
    All streaming apps do not work on my Xbox one.: When using my Xbox to stream using sky go and disney I am unable to watch anything. The apps load perfectly however once I try to play, error codes appear. I have tried everything to resolve the...
  10. Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console Companion App won't stream Xbox to PC: I know this question has been asked before, but I can't find a thread where it has been answered and solved. I am trying to get an xbox to stream across a home network to a PC for my son. I am...