Xbox stereo headset mic is too quiet. Automatic gain control issues

Discus and support Xbox stereo headset mic is too quiet. Automatic gain control issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve bought an Xbox and stereo headset(wired) recently and have issues with mic. In party chat the mic volume can burst making mic input very loud and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by knightpp, Apr 19, 2022.

1. knightpp
    knightpp Guest

I’ve bought an Xbox and stereo headset(wired) recently and have issues with mic. In party chat the mic volume can burst making mic input very loud and the next word can be quit. That happens constantly.

I’ve tried using Xbox controller on win10 in a wired mode. The issue is the mic is to quiet, and that’s why automatic gain control on Xbox cannot make adequate raise I think.

My controller might be faulty or Xbox controller cannot power the headset, and mic becomes too quiet. On my phone the headset’s mic doesn’t have such problem.

:)

knightpp, Apr 19, 2022
  2. knightpp Win User

my friend uses Xbox iOS app. I don’t think there’s such option. Here’s example how they can hear my, sometimes it’s better but usually my words get dropped out. https://imgur.com/a/4wdgVeY
  3. knightpp Win User

Yes, I have. The headphones I tried had a long mic, I think that helped them sound more satisfying. I can upload audio example with clearly automatic gain control issues with Xbox stereo headset but I’ve already ordered a wireless headphones with a long mic boom. So hope my issue will be resolved.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

That's sounds more like a hardware situation, the mic lost connection and thats why it sounds like that, have you tried a different headset?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Knightpp! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Your friend probably has the settings on your profile to a lower volume, in a party chat you can control the volume on each of your friends, normally that's the issue, they set a low volume on your profile but they can change that
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

The problem seems to be the connection between the controller and the headset so yes, the Bluetooth ones will resolve the situation
Thema:

1. Xbox stereo headset mic is too quiet. Automatic gain control issues - Similar Threads - stereo headset mic

2. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  3. XBox Wireless Headset on PC Can't Use Mic and Output Stereo Audio at the Same Time

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Wireless Headset on PC Can't Use Mic and Output Stereo Audio at the Same Time: I've seen that other people have had this problem in the past, but can't see if there's been a fix anywhere. I'm using windows 10, and every time I open Discord or an application starts using the...
  4. Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stereo Headset Mic stopped working: Hi there, I've noticed this is an ongoing issue raised by many many users for years now, but am hoping there is a resolution for this persistant problem by now. My mic has randomly stopped...
  5. Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.: I had the standard Xbox chat headset. One day this stopped working. I purchased the xbox one stereo headset and adapter. This prompted to update my controller, which I have done. I can now hear my...
  6. My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!: Hi - it seems that it works for a couple of weeks, then stops in party chat. At the moment, while we're in lockdown, it's the only contact my 10 year old has with his friends. We have tried...
  7. Xbox one stereo headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stereo headset mic not working: I have been having an issue with my mic not picking my voice up when im in a game lobby or a party. It shows the mic is connected and I can hear just fine and i know the mic works from making...
  8. Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring: I have tried everything under the sun, restarting, moving the console, changing internets, checking controller settings and configurations, and the general audio output settings; but NOTHING will...
  9. Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??: I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear...
  10. Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??: I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear...