Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work.

Discus and support Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had the standard Xbox chat headset. One day this stopped working. I purchased the xbox one stereo headset and adapter. This prompted to update my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NickS_483, Jul 2, 2020.

1. NickS_483
    NickS_483 Guest

I had the standard Xbox chat headset. One day this stopped working. I purchased the xbox one stereo headset and adapter. This prompted to update my controller, which I have done. I can now hear my game/chat through the headset but it doesn’t seem
    to register my mic. When I unplug my 3.5mm jack from the adapter, my friends can hear the corresponding static. This has been the same with both headsets and both of my controllers. The headset and mic work fine when the 3.5mm jack is plugged into my phone
    for a call. I have tried all the troubleshooting guides I can find on the internet and don’t want to buy anymore hardware before I know the cause.

:)

NickS_483, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Reborn Insanity Win User

Hit the Guide button in the center of your controller>scroll over to the tab that has your Gamerpic>If your headset is plugged in you will see an "Audio" option above Settings on this tab.
  3. NickS_483 Win User

How do you access this menu. I dont seem to have it?
  4. Reborn Insanity Win User

Make sure you haven't accidentally turned off the Headset Mic in the audio mixer on your actual Xbox. (Shown at the top of the picture).

[​IMG]
  5. Mario12693 Win User

Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

Xbox One Stereo headset
    www.xbox.com/.../stereo-headset

The mic that came with the Xbox one works. My adapter chat button makes the game volume higher. Is it suppose to be like that?
  6. Chico de Boxer Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Stopped Working After Newest Update

Hi mr beep

I tested the headset on my phone and the mic works. The only possibility what I can think of is that it is a software flaw. None of my other stereo headsets work now on the Xbox
Thema:

1. Xbox stereo headset. I can hear but my mic doesn’t work. - Similar Threads - stereo headset hear

2. Xbox stereo headset issues parties can't hear me

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox stereo headset issues parties can't hear me: Xbox stereo headset issues parties can't hear me Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot...
  3. XBOX One stereo headset mic not working but can hear other people talking.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One stereo headset mic not working but can hear other people talking.: Hi everyone, i know there's a lot of questions similar to mine but i cant seem to find the answer. My xbox one stereo headset microphone stopped working earlier today. I hear people but they don't...
  4. XBOX One Stereo Headset - Can't hear chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Stereo Headset - Can't hear chat: Please help - this is maddening. With XBOX One Stereo Headset: I can hear game sounds Others can hear me I can't hear others when in a party But some people I can hear just fine when not in...
  5. Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...: The Subject is self explanatory of my issue. To get in specifics, here is what I tried: First off, I used the Chat Headset that shipped with my console for over 2 years. The mic started to not...
  6. Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic is producing Static or Doesn't hear anything at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic is producing Static or Doesn't hear anything at all: It seems that I keep getting told that my mic is producing static noise/ Crackling noises or sometimes my mic doesn't hear me. Please help if you know of fix./ I have tired various fixes: Unplug...
  7. Xbox one stereo headset people barely hear me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one stereo headset people barely hear me: the stereo headset sounds great I can hear game audio and chat audio great but when I talk either in party or game chat my friends and strangers always tell me they can barely hear me the...
  8. Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear anyone on my XB1 Stereo Headset: Why is my regular mic working, but not my xb1 stereo headset? I can't hear anyone and they can't hear me. 692b5a8b-fb9e-48ec-b5d6-a7eee09e3507
  9. XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter: Can't hear others when plugged in, but others can hear me.: Hi, I'm having an issue with my XB1 Stereo Headset Adapter. My problem is that others can hear me when I have my headset plugged in, but I can't hear them. I use the Turtle Beach Ear Force XP 500...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Headset + Adapter - Possible to hear myself through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset + Adapter - Possible to hear myself through headset?: I recently bought the xbox one stereo headset and adapter ($90) from Gamestop. The sound quality coming from the game is good enough for me. However the headset cancels out so much outside noise...