Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ...

Discus and support Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, What accessories are you having trouble with? ---- The stereo headset, the official Microsoft one that retails for 79.99 was on sale 49.99... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ARC Maharajah, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ...

Hello,

What accessories are you having trouble with? ---- The stereo headset, the official Microsoft one that retails for 79.99 was on sale 49.99 Canadian dollars, and comes with an adapter

Describe what is happening --- I can hear game audio perfect, when I press the controller button to increase game sounds it goes from quiet to full, however, for the chat it doesn't, I keep pressing the person symbol (for chat sound) until I can't even hear
    the game audio and than proceed to increase the volume to maximum. What makes it worse is there are 0 beeps that occur so I am thinking it may be the adapter as my regular headset (the one included with the console) works perfectly, makes beeps when lowest
    or highest volume is reached and allows me to chat and hear chat in perfect volume. The stereo headset's adapter does light up and the buttons do raise and lower game audio, but chat audio does not do anything, you can hear the faintest of voices and people
    can only here small whispers through my headset, I also can see the circle in the party moving so we can tell when we are trying to talk but it does not work.

I was in the preview beta dashboard, however removed it completely from my console as step one

I have updated the controller, did it before anything else, made sure all cables where properly plugged in and that headset and adapter where in as well

Made another update by going to settings-devices-controller-accessories-headset adapter and updated that as well

Power cycled Xbox one console

Unplugged the console and plugged it back in

removed adapter and headset cables and than plugged them back in, made sure everything was plugged in

Restarted console multiple times

turned kinect mic off in the settings

Reset Kinect data after reading the suggestion (I had scoured the internet for a solution to my problem)

Restarted controller

Raised volume on Chat audio and overall repeatedly

Thanks in advance for any help, I just got it an hour ago from the Microsoft store and since the support center I was going to call closed for the day 20 minutes I ago I will have to wait till tomorrow.

:)

ARC Maharajah, Dec 4, 2014
  2. Need help with lagging/hacking sound on my headset

Hello, I got this from the stereo headset support page
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/stereo-headset-set-up-troubleshoot#97a11841b62c4433bb7f4d44ac146d0a

Also have you updated your controller and the headset adapter ?
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

FearedNightmare, Dec 4, 2014
  3. xobx stereo headset adapter on PC

I have an older xbox one controller with no audio jack. I use it on a windows 10 PC. I purchased the stereo headset adapter however mic audio is not working. The PC sees both a headset and mic and I can hear audio through the headset. Mic audio seems as
    if it's muted. I have tried multiple headsets, the controller was updated on my friends Xbox One but still get no audio. Chat rep said there's no mic audio at this time but it's coming soon? Is this true? Anyone else have an adapter and is it working normally?

Thanks!

PreachedGem8387, Dec 4, 2014
  4. Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ...

If you are in the Preview please post this there vs. here

NewBlacksmurf, Dec 5, 2014
  5. I was but I removed all date before even beginning the update for my controller as some stated there may be bugs, should I still post this over there since I used to be in it?

ARC Maharajah, Dec 5, 2014
  6. If you are not in the preview and not running any preview updates, there is no need to post there.

*This happened to me but in reverse. I had the basic chat headset and one day in Sept. the mic stopped recording sound. I could hear chat but no longer speak to others. I assumed it was the headset so I began using the Kinect only and found out that the
    Kinect, the headset and my third party headset that is compatible with the xbox one all would not work.

During the October Preview I picked up the headset you have and after one of the preview updates they all began working again.

I assumed it was update related.

Sorry but perhaps another person will comment with a fix.

NewBlacksmurf, Dec 5, 2014
  7. ok, a couple of details may help me narrow it down if anyone knows the answer

-does your headset adapter beep (like the basic headset does) when you reach max volume, because mine does not, it just makes a small static noise I can faintly hear when the volume is turned to max

-I use a rechargeable batter pack from Nyko (3rd party), do you think it could be a battery issue than? (My game sound works perfect, just the chat sound that doesn't work)

Thanks, and Thanks BlackSmurf, I will try with the preview dashboard update to see if that will fix my problem

ARC Maharajah, Dec 5, 2014
  8. Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ...

Same issue here, turtle beach earforce z11. Game audio is fine for battlefield 4, and geometry wars, but no audio for pinball arcade or xbox dashboard sounds. No chat audio comes through the headset, but party and game chat members can both hear my mic.
    Just wasted $30 on a new adapter and its definitely not that.

SpookyMulderFBI, Jun 8, 2015
  9. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Hey guys!

I'm sorry to see that you may be experiencing similar issues! Since this thread is a few months old, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing. That way the community can provide support tailored for each of you. Thanks! Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ... :)

Mister Beep, Oct 31, 2018
  10. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not working

If you are not in the preview and not running any preview updates, there is no need to post there.

*This happened to me but in reverse. I had the basic chat headset and one day in Sept. the mic stopped recording sound. I could hear chat but no longer speak to others. I assumed it was the headset so I began using the Kinect only and found out that the
    Kinect, the headset and my third party headset that is compatible with the xbox one all would not work.

During the October Preview I picked up the headset you have and after one of the preview updates they all began working again.

I assumed it was update related.

Sorry but perhaps another person will comment with a fix.
  11. SpookyMulderFBI Win User

Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not working

Same issue here, turtle beach earforce z11. Game audio is fine for battlefield 4, and geometry wars, but no audio for pinball arcade or xbox dashboard sounds. No chat audio comes through the headset, but party and game chat members can both hear my mic.
    Just wasted $30 on a new adapter and its definitely not that.
  12. Mister Beep Win User

Hey guys!

I'm sorry to see that you may be experiencing similar issues! Since this thread is a few months old, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing. That way the community can provide support tailored for each of you. Thanks! :)
  13. ARC Maharajah Win User

ok, a couple of details may help me narrow it down if anyone knows the answer

-does your headset adapter beep (like the basic headset does) when you reach max volume, because mine does not, it just makes a small static noise I can faintly hear when the volume is turned to max

-I use a rechargeable batter pack from Nyko (3rd party), do you think it could be a battery issue than? (My game sound works perfect, just the chat sound that doesn't work)

Thanks, and Thanks BlackSmurf, I will try with the preview dashboard update to see if that will fix my problem
  14. NewBlacksmurf Win User

If you are in the Preview please post this there vs. here
Thema:

Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ...

1. Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not ... - Similar Threads - Stereo Head set

2. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  3. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  4. Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is the Xbox Stereo Headset latex-free?: I have someone in my home looking for a headset who also happens to be very allergic to latex. Does the official Xbox Stereo Headset contain latex? c5a10a76-df97-40ac-80dc-a1361efea164
  5. xbox stereo headset echo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox stereo headset echo: i just bought the xbox stereo headset the wired one and my friend says that he can hear himself because of the echo my TV was muted and I really don't want to refund the headset because its...
  6. Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo: I have a Series X connected to an Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver. The receiver is connected to a 5.1.2 speaker setup. In the Xbox audio settings it shows that my receiver is supported for every audio...
  7. Xbox Series X audio stuck at Stereo Uncompressed when connected to TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X audio stuck at Stereo Uncompressed when connected to TV: Hardware TV: Samsung S90C 65" AV Receiver: Yamaha RX-V6A HDMI Cables: 48Gbps Ultra HD 8K HDMI Cable to the TV from the receiver. Original Xbox HDMI cable. Setup Receiver connected to the TV...
  8. My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Stereo Headset(for Series X/S)'s mic is not working, but the audio work perfectly fine: I have an Xbox Stereo Headset and I got it a year ago. It is the wired version, not the wireless one. Starting a few weeks ago the mic would not work on multiple occasions, but I could hear...
  9. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  10. Xbox stereo head phones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stereo head phones: I received them in the mail today. it kept stating that it couldn't update them. They work, but every few minutes I get a message stating that I need to update my controller. Any ideas...