Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

Discus and support Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Plaguedoctor457, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

Hi,

My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless.

I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also attempted to factory reset the console, but won't let me save my games/apps because im not connected to online.

If I test my connection, it states everything is fine. When trying to connection to a wireless router, it states im wired connection and need to unplug it. NAT type is down as unavailable. On the right hand side of the connection tab, under the wired picture symbol, it states Service info is unavailable.

I really dk what to do. Ive google and can't find an answer.

:)

Plaguedoctor457, Mar 6, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Plaguedoctor457! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions.

• May I ask which Xbox model you are using?
    • Do you have any external devices plugged into your console's Expansion Card (Series S/X) and USB ports?
    • Could you tell me which power mode is your console set to? you can see this at Settings > General > Power options
    • Have you already tried plugging a network cable in to see if your console can connect that way?

• To clarify, have you already tried power cycling your console? I just want to confirm if that's what you meant by soft or hard reboot. Like this:

- Press and hold your console's button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.
    - Plug the power cord back in. If possible, please use one of the wall's outlets.
    - Turn the console on.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Plaguedoctor457! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

• Would you mind giving this a try?

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug both your SSD and your USB charger from the console, and leave them like that throughout this process.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.
    - Turn your console on and check if it still says you are using a wired connection.

• If that doesn't work, could you go to Settings > General > Power options, and tell me what power mode is your console set to? in addition to this, please select "TV & A/V power options" and let me know if "HDMI-CEC" is turned on for your console.

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards
  4. Plaguedoctor457 Win User

I have the SSD inserted and USB charger on front port. I can't find any internet cables unfortunately to attempt and see if it works. I have unplugged and powered off and things
  5. LoopedCougar999 Win User

import itunes playlist into xbox music

if you've got the playlist on your iPhone, theres a free app called 'xbox 360 streamer'. It connects via your Wifi connection and allows your playlist to be heard through you xbox 360 without the need for any wires or cables to be connected. I personally
    use the app and i've had no problems with it at all
  6. Kurosh35 Win User

Xbox Live on My Account Randomly Disconnects

This is a wired connection using Cable modem that wire connect to wireless Router that wire connect to Xbox One S.
Thema:

1. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected. - Similar Threads - states theres wired

2. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  3. State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    State not in the options for Billing/Profile Address: I currently live somewhere in the NMI (Northern Mariana Islands), and the state is not shown as an option when I am required to make a profile/billing address to check out. This makes it...
  4. Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...

in XBoX on Windows
    Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe 16Gb/s, M.2 2280 Would this work with my HP victus 15f gaming laptop ?? 204d4f0e-3ff8-4b7d-a209-27c9b9ba70ee
  5. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  6. Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection problems with my internet....: I haven't used my xbox series X much recently, came back online recently and had to do update for system. Now I keep getting error 0x87DD0017 whenever I turn on my xbox, stating connection...
  7. My state isn't there in the "Add a payment option" in microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My state isn't there in the "Add a payment option" in microsoft store.: I was trying to buy a game from the microsoft store, and it asked for a payment option, and I filled it. But, the state in which I live in is just not an option there. If i choose any other state,...
  8. State Of Decay 2 On Steam - "There are no friends to suggest. Try again later"

in XBoX on Windows
    State Of Decay 2 On Steam - "There are no friends to suggest. Try again later": Hi there, I recently bought State Of Decay 2 on steam and i am trying to play with a friends who has state of decay 2 for the Xbox One. When trying to play multiplayer i link my xbox account...
  9. state of decay one pc beta is not installable or there now.

in XboX Insiders
    state of decay one pc beta is not installable or there now.: wondering why the insider xbox app isn't showing it and why its been taken from my account. I am using the preview gaming build from the insider app. submitted by /u/tallestdavid [link] [comments]
  10. Amazon are going back on the state of decay pre order and not giving codes as there saying it ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon are going back on the state of decay pre order and not giving codes as there saying it ...: Amazon are liars , there going back on the pre order and not giving codes as there saying it was never a promotion and its not on there computers . i just sent my copy back for a return . i just...