Xbox started playing sound and video in "turbo" mode

Discus and support Xbox started playing sound and video in "turbo" mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I dont know if this is the correct place to ask but starting two days ago every time I turn on my launch Xbox, it seems to play sounds and video in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tardismechanic, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Xbox started playing sound and video in "turbo" mode

I dont know if this is the correct place to ask but starting two days ago every time I turn on my launch Xbox, it seems to play sounds and video in "turbo". For games, some dont have sound effects and others work fine but make a horrible unending sound when
    I hit the home button.

I first noticed it when I started up a streaming app (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc) and matter which one I used it seemed to play the video and sound in "turbo" mode where it sounds like the chipmunks and people are running around on screen. It also seems
    like the sounds system wide are also playing this way such as the noise navigating the home screen, etc. sound similarly accelerated. The only way to fix it is to shut down and pull the plug for a few seconds to force a hard reboot. However, if I shut down
    and start back up via the power button the problem comes back. Has anyone else run into this? Heres a video for reference:

:)

tardismechanic, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Turbo BOV Sounds?

any car i have with a turbo or supercharger i hear it quite well. and thats if i installed it or it comes standard with the auto. maybe turn the sound emphasis to engine? (maybe your expecting a huge BOV sound, forza doesnt do that so its a lower whirrring
    sound of it spinning up)

SloppyJalapeno, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Tactical777
    Tactical777 Guest
    Turbo BOV Sounds?

Why is it that there is no emphasis on turbo sounds at all in this game? Or am I completely missing something?

Tactical777, Aug 25, 2018
  4. SLB4EVERPT
    SLB4EVERPT Guest

SLB4EVERPT, Aug 25, 2018
  5. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Did you tried to power cycle your console? You can find all info here: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
  6. Michael in Paris Win User

Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if played by Firefox

Hello Josef,

I tried a couple of other pages (with video) - eg one randomly picked on YouTube, same phenomenon: no sound when captured in Edge, in normal or full screen mode (while I can hear the sound when the video is playing). I also tried in normal and in InPrivate mode - same: no sound.

Thanks!

Michael
  7. SatNiteEduardo Win User

Do you hear it , too ?

IT sounds like it is meant to be the turbo on the car but happens when not in a turbo car. I often get it at the first / last turn at Prague. I think it is a crowd sound.
  8. Chargersbride Win User

Auto latency mode greyed out through reciever

Xbox settings > display & sound > video output > video modes > then make sure that "Allow auto low-latency mode" is on by having the box check marked.
  9. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD

Xbox can play 4K HDR dolby atmos on videos. Just make shure to enable it on your console settings/display and sound/video output/video modes and check allow dolby atmos.

Hope this help dear sir. Let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Xbox started playing sound and video in "turbo" mode - Similar Threads - started playing sound

2. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa
  3. XBox one turns on and then keeps playing the start up tune for about 30 seconds then keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox one turns on and then keeps playing the start up tune for about 30 seconds then keeps...: XBox one turns on and then keeps playing the start up tune for about 30 seconds then keeps playing the shut down tune and turns off then does it all again on it's own and does this over and...
  4. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  5. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  6. When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing a game the pc shutdown and fan start full power.: Hi, I have a problem with my PC when playing quite heavy games. My PC is dead and the fan is very strong, if you want to say my PC is not strong enough, all this time I have been playing IT games...
  7. Difficulty starting remote play from iPhone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Difficulty starting remote play from iPhone: Whenever trying to play console remotely from iOS app, loading screen frequently just black, or only flashes the “rocket” loading screen before turning black. Does not load after restarting app,...
  8. Played MD on pc via xbox app and tried to played on xbox and need to start again

in XBoX Accessibility
    Played MD on pc via xbox app and tried to played on xbox and need to start again: I played medieval dynasty on pc via xbox app and i wanted play it on xbox ( i’m using same account on both devices) but unfortunatelly i had to start again. Is it possible that can be some fix to...
  9. Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox360 will only play the original Halo, no other games start. I just get "open tray"...: So, I cannot load my og gamertag on my Xbox360. Although I can log in to it on the PC so I know the correct email address and password. I had made another account and this one works. So I log in...
  10. My xbox won't play the second start-up sound when I force it into troubleshoot

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox won't play the second start-up sound when I force it into troubleshoot: My xbox had a os failure. Ive reset the xbox to its factory settings a couple of months ago. Back then it would show me the troubleshoot screen. Now it won't. And as a bonus when I try to force it...