Xbox started making loud humming noise

Discus and support Xbox started making loud humming noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks I've noticed my Xbox developing a humming sound. It makes the noise at all times, idle, during gameplay, watching videos etc.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Huggs1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Huggs1
    Huggs1 Guest

Over the past few weeks I've noticed my Xbox developing a humming sound. It makes the noise at all times, idle, during gameplay, watching videos etc. and the noise is there constantly, though it has become louder more frequently. I can hear it at all times
    and from a distance, the sound often drowns out the sound of the TV as well. I assume there is a fault somewhere because no one in the right mind would plug a TV box through the console if they're going to hear this low humming sound all the time?

Here's a video I recorded, it picks up the sound very well, just imagine hearing that constantly, from about 10ft away.

Do you think the retailer I bought it from will exchange it? I've been through two advanced exchanges directly but Xbox have sent me broken refurbished consoles twice, (one which wouldn't stay powered on and one with a grinding fan noise). I'd rather just
    swap it at GAME if they will acknowledge it as faulty.

:)

Huggs1, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Xbox 360 S power brick noise

Hey, i have had my 360 for about 6 months now and it started making a loud humming noise. (louder than my xbox ) so i said ok its probably dusty, i cleaned it with air and its still making the loud humming noise any suggestions ? By thw way my xbox works
    fine and plays excellent havent had an issue.

UNDEaD HERO01, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Danieltrfc
    Danieltrfc Guest
    New Dashboard Update - Console Not Reading Discs Xbox started making loud humming noise :mad:

just updated my xbox 360 60gb and now its making a loud humming noise when playing games lol.

Danieltrfc, Feb 17, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: