Xbox sS Mic isn't working in game chat only on one account

Discus and support Xbox sS Mic isn't working in game chat only on one account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a Steel Series Headset for Pc but is compatible with Xbox, it works fine in partychat for every account, but for some reason doesn't work on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RobinPoropat, Feb 14, 2021.

1. RobinPoropat
    RobinPoropat Guest

I have a Steel Series Headset for Pc but is compatible with Xbox, it works fine in partychat for every account, but for some reason doesn't work on game chat on 1 account only.

I use it in games like COD or Apex.

I tried to check all privacy settings and is all unfiltered or allowed, i tried switch them back and forth but made no difference...

Anyone know how to fix that?

:)

RobinPoropat, Feb 14, 2021
  2. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Xbox One Adapter Issue

Hi there SS KaRiZMA,

Is this an xbox stereo adapter or the default chat headset that comes with the Xbox?

If its an stereo adapter, please share what mic/headset is being plugged in. Make / Model#.
  3. DuFFuL Win User

Will Xbox One ever get a wireless microphone like Xbox 360?

Oh so basically you want a completely wireless headset because the cord that goes from the controller to your earpiece is just sooooo in the way! Oh and by the way..... How the hell can you hear surround sound properly when one ear is completely blocked
    by an earpiece being stuck in it? You might as well be deaf in one ear in which case, SS isn't really going to be of much use. I too have a really good SS setup but when I'm chatting with people I'd always prefer a headset. Besides its not like I can have
    the SS system to loud when chatting anyway. It annoys others in the party when they can hear all you guns and explosions pumping through the mic.
  4. DRAGONSKULL273 Win User

Controller update broke all headset functionality on day one controller

i have this exact same issue with my day on controller like the game in headset volume stuff works but mic isn't responding at all for people to hear me talk in game chat or party chat yet if i go to skype the mic works just fine.
  5. Ch33pnis Win User

Will Xbox One ever get a wireless microphone like Xbox 360?

It's 2014, we should not have to be dealing with corded mics anymore. A wireless chat headset over one ear may not be the perfect solution for every gamer, all the time, but, for the reasons Blue Illusion has pointed out (and many others), a SS headset isn't
    either.

I don't understand how they could go a year without releasing a simple wireless headset as pictured in the OP, or at least some sort of wireless adapter for the controller that has BT or standard WiFi transmitters so that most common headsets & earpieces
    would be compatible.

BTW, here are some other reasons you might prefer a chat headset and SS over SS headphones:

- Listening to a baby monitor while sneaking in some gaming

- When you have other people in your gaming room that you want to talk to (just mute yourself)

- When you want to go to the bathroom without either removing your headset or carrying the controller with you

- Maybe you want to run downstairs and throw in a load of laundry between matches, but also want to keep your headset on to keep talking with your friends

I do agree that I have to keep the volume down a bit on my SS when playing with the chat headset on because otherwise the other players will hear my game audio over my mic. But I imagine that if I looked into it, I could find a BT or WiFi headset that would
    be better at isolating my voice from the ambient sound in the room than the one that comes packaged with the xbox one. If only the XO was compatible with the most common technologies of today, or at least if MS would release their own WiFi Direct chat headset
    for the console.
  6. A Blue Illusion Win User

Xbox One Wireless Headset

I'm not after a set of SS headphones. There are already some that work with the X1 with an adaptor if I wanted headphones. I have no desire to wear a heavy set of headgear for several hours when I'm gaming and I already have a decent SS system. All I need
    is a wireless mic. It's one of my [not so little] peeves about X1.
Thema:

1. Xbox sS Mic isn't working in game chat only on one account - Similar Threads - Mic isn't working

2. My mic isn't working in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My mic isn't working in party chat: My mic is unmuted, it says I'm united in the party, and my headset mic is on under audio and music. It's a new headset so it can't be hardware issues. In the party, my profile looks a little...
  3. Why isn't my mic working

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my mic working: Every time I plug in my headset (ozeino) my headset volume lights up but the chat mixer doesn't and the audio goes through the TV. I fight with it every time and after about 2 minutes it finally...
  4. How come my mic isn't working?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my mic isn't working?: Need assistance with Headphones Dolby Atoms Rig. Can hear games clearly, but when trying to use mic to talk to others it's not working. Following the prompts on the card, downloaded app and used...
  5. My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My mic isn't working on my new xbox series S.: I can still hear others but my mic won't work. I have tried all the usual fixes I have found online and none of them work. I have also made sure the privacy settings are as they should be but...
  6. Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar won't register mic when overlay isn't active: As far as I can tell, starting a week ago when a new update dropped I am unable to have the Xbox Game Bar register any mic input when the overlay is not active. If the overlay is open or the party...
  7. Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rig 700 hx headset mic isn't working on my Xbox. It only works in party chat. Please help: My headset mic only works in party chat not regular play. Please help me! a200172f-86d1-4061-a4e4-a408239aeb58
  8. MIC on the xbox app windows 11 isn't working

in XBoX on Windows
    MIC on the xbox app windows 11 isn't working: I've tried many different methods on trying to fix the mic problem. It worked for 1 or 2 days then it just stopped picking up the mic I've tried both usb and audio jack microphone....
  9. Wireless headset mic monitoring isn't working correctly?

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless headset mic monitoring isn't working correctly?: Hi, I know this is an issue been raised and also being looked into just wanted to give feedback after the latest update, it seems to have fixed it a little but I still sound muffled it's like the...
  10. Why Isn't My Mic Working In Xbox Parties?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Isn't My Mic Working In Xbox Parties?: I had this problem with my last controller and I'm hoping there's another way to fix this without spending money. 2 controllers I've had now experienced an issue where there was still audio...