Xbox slim hdd Dead?

Discus and support Xbox slim hdd Dead? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i receved a brand new hard drive for slime-xbox and it worked fine for 1 week or so then it started to overheat then soon it kept saying unformatted... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kyledog1111, Feb 1, 2014.

1. kyledog1111
    kyledog1111 Guest

Xbox slim hdd Dead?

i receved a brand new hard drive for slime-xbox and it worked fine for 1 week or so then it started to overheat then soon it kept saying unformatted i searched it and it said dead hdd i dont under stand i brought it november 13th 2013 for battlefield 4
    please explain or tell fix!

:)

kyledog1111, Feb 1, 2014
  2. CialUK
    CialUK Guest
    change of hdd

So will the xbox 360 slim 4gb take a hdd from a xbox 360 slim 250gb? And is the only differences the cases and the hdd capacity in the two slim xboxs

CialUK, Feb 1, 2014
  3. Ari11ian
    Ari11ian Guest
    Lost Email Info attached to RROD'd Gtag - Cannot Recover - Please Help

Called Xbox support.

Verdict: since my original gtag 1 was never online i have to use a transfer cable to transfer profiles from my original rrod hdd to the current xbox.

Problem: the transfer willt be a full data transfer not partial, from my original 60g hdd to my 4g slim. NOT possible.

Solution: purchase xbox 250g or + HDD, replace 4g hdd with 250, purchase 1x slim to slim hdd transfer cable, transfer current profile from 4g HDD to new 250+HDD. Purchase Xbox360 original hdd to Xbox360 slim hdd transfer cable, Transfer profile from original
    360 hdd to 360 slim with new 250g hdd, merge profiles

providing I remember the password.

Ouch.

Ari11ian, Feb 1, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Xbox slim hdd Dead?

Where did you get the hard drive from? If it was from a legitimate store then return it for an exchange. If it was from an online site such as Ebay or Amazon then you may have purchased a 3rd party drive which are not covered under Xbox's warranty.

You'll need to contact the seller if it was online.

onyxishere, Feb 1, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Xbox slim hdd Dead?

Where did you get the hard drive from? If it was from a legitimate store then return it for an exchange. If it was from an online site such as Ebay or Amazon then you may have purchased a 3rd party drive which are not covered under Xbox's warranty.

You'll need to contact the seller if it was online.
  6. CialUK Win User

change of hdd

So will the xbox 360 slim 4gb take a hdd from a xbox 360 slim 250gb? And is the only differences the cases and the hdd capacity in the two slim xboxs
  7. Ari11ian Win User

Lost Email Info attached to RROD'd Gtag - Cannot Recover - Please Help

Called Xbox support.

Verdict: since my original gtag 1 was never online i have to use a transfer cable to transfer profiles from my original rrod hdd to the current xbox.

Problem: the transfer willt be a full data transfer not partial, from my original 60g hdd to my 4g slim. NOT possible.

Solution: purchase xbox 250g or + HDD, replace 4g hdd with 250, purchase 1x slim to slim hdd transfer cable, transfer current profile from 4g HDD to new 250+HDD. Purchase Xbox360 original hdd to Xbox360 slim hdd transfer cable, Transfer profile from original
    360 hdd to 360 slim with new 250g hdd, merge profiles

providing I remember the password.

Ouch.
  8. Mythic xSagex Win User

Disk Drive/Tray Problems on Xbox 360 Elite

Repairs range from 100$ to like 140$

New Xbox 360 slim models are

199$ for the 4GB Internal memory (no HDD) (You can buy an HDD for it though)

299$ for the 250GB HDD included

You would probably need a transfer cable which is like 20$

NOTE: The Slim HDD's are Completely different than the Xbox 360 "Arcade" "Pro" or "Elite"HDD's. They will not work with the slim Thus a "transfer Cable" is needed
  9. NingaExtreme Win User

When does the 320GB HDD go on sale?

Thema:

Xbox slim hdd Dead?

1. Xbox slim hdd Dead? - Similar Threads - slim hdd Dead

2. My Xbox 360 Slim isn't detecting its HDD when it's in its slot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim isn't detecting its HDD when it's in its slot: So it reads the HDD only when I use an adapter in a USB port, it also reads my USB drives. It works fine without the HDD other than the fact that I can't play Destiny....
  3. HDD for X360 SLIM and E

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDD for X360 SLIM and E: Hello, I would like to buy new internal HDD for my XBOX 360. I own Xbox 360 E version. I found 500GB HDD for X360 Slim version. Is this HDD compatible with both Slim and E versions of the...
  4. Xbox 360 slim hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim hdd: Yesterday i tried starting up my old 360 slim, at first it displayed my profile but no gamerscore, checked storage, all is as should be except my main profile was corrupted, so i restarted the...
  5. XBOX 360 Slim S / HDD Not Recognised in Drive Bay..

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Slim S / HDD Not Recognised in Drive Bay..: So I have ensured the my 360 is up to date with the latest downloads.. I have bought what appear to be a Microsoft Hard Drive and the official MS Data Transfer Cable. I have managed to transfer...
  6. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim HDD in my Xbox 360 E console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim HDD in my Xbox 360 E console: Hi, Can I use a Xbox 360 Slim HDD in my Xbox 360 E console? Whatever games, etc. is already on the Slim HDD, will it also be visible / usable on the E console? Thanks...
  8. Xbox 360 slim 500 HDD Problems with storage or something - Take a look PLZ n THX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 500 HDD Problems with storage or something - Take a look PLZ n THX: Okay so i got a 500 gb Hdd awhile ago for my xbox slim, and i put it in and it said it only had around 229 gb of total space, i called support and they didnt help at all, So I'm Pretty sure...
  9. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?: My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly. The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache After doing so, it froze during the update I had to...
  10. My 500GB HDD (not Slim) Reads Only 39GB After Format. What Am I Doing Wrong?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 500GB HDD (not Slim) Reads Only 39GB After Format. What Am I Doing Wrong?: I'd say the title, pretty much, explains everything that I am having trouble with. As far as I know, the cable is from Microsoft (label/logo and all). So, am I formatting it wrong? Or do I...