Xbox slim 4GB model displaying solid red light when powered on

Discus and support Xbox slim 4GB model displaying solid red light when powered on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last month or so, whilst using the Xbox Slim console for games, applications and watching movies the console would freeze and become... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lewis iz Fit, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Lewis iz Fit
    Lewis iz Fit Guest

For the last month or so, whilst using the Xbox Slim console for games, applications and watching movies the console would freeze and become unresponsive, the only way to resole the problem was to restart the console. However in the last week, Upon powering
    on the console, it will display a green light for ~10 seconds and will then display a solid red light. The console is also no longer displaying an image on the television screen, however the disc tray will still work whilst the light is green.

Since setting up the console it has not been moved or tampered with in any way, and has only been used for playing games, using applications and watching films, and as the console is a little over a year old it seems ridiculous that it is now completely
    unresponsive and unusable.

I have currently tried replacing the power supply, changing the power outlet that the power supply is connected to, replacing the hard drive, removing the hard drive completely, disconnecting all of the accessories and I have ensured that the console is
    located in a well ventilated area. All of these solutions (that are stated on the Xbox support website: Xbox 360 : Console) have unfortunately
    failed to work.

Upon using the Xbox Warranty checker I discovered that the warranty for this particular console was only valid up until January 2014, Meaning that I will now be forced to pay for a repair by Microsoft for a fault that has clearly been caused by faulty hardware
    and through no fault of my own which I do not agree with and currently can not afford. Is there anything else I can do?

:)

Lewis iz Fit, Aug 13, 2014
  2. DekeMartin
    DekeMartin Guest
    question

You can also take a look at your power supply light. If it's anything other than orange (when powered down), or green (when it's powered up), like ... red, then you've probably got a problem.

I don't own a slim model, so I can't verify this 100%. That's how it would be on a larger model at least.

DekeMartin, Aug 13, 2014
  3. Cloudhauler
    Cloudhauler Guest
    Solid red light on console, solid orange light on power brick

During a thunder storm the other night, my xbox 360 slim, as well as my TV and other devices in the same outlet powered off. My house did not lose power, so I believe what happened to be a power surge. Now my when I power on my xbox, I get a solid red light
    and a blank screen. I tried taking out the HDD. I tried disconnecting/reconnecting cords. I tried a different outlet. I read if all that fails, I need a new power brick....but my power brick has a solid orange light. Not red. Not flashing. Help me please.
    Could the power brick still be the problem if it has a solid orange light?

Cloudhauler, Aug 13, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

onyxishere, Aug 13, 2014
  5. Lewis iz Fit
    Lewis iz Fit Guest
    That is the same link that I have already posted within my request, where I state that I have already tried all of those methods.

I would appreciate an actual response not just a copy and pasted link.

Lewis iz Fit, Aug 13, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Sorry, I seem to have missed that link when I read your post originally. However, as the link suggested, if the steps provided do not work then you will need to request a repair of the console.

https://myservice.xbox.com/

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Lewis iz Fit Win User

That is the same link that I have already posted within my request, where I state that I have already tried all of those methods.

I would appreciate an actual response not just a copy and pasted link.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Sorry, I seem to have missed that link when I read your post originally. However, as the link suggested, if the steps provided do not work then you will need to request a repair of the console.

https://myservice.xbox.com/
  9. onyxishere Win User

10. zombi5555555 Win User

Support required for my Xbox 360 E 4 Gb

Just to ask, how many red rings are there if it's an older console? If it's a slim, do you get a flashing red light or a solid red light?
  11. DekeMartin Win User

question

You can also take a look at your power supply light. If it's anything other than orange (when powered down), or green (when it's powered up), like ... red, then you've probably got a problem.

I don't own a slim model, so I can't verify this 100%. That's how it would be on a larger model at least.
Thema:

1. Xbox slim 4GB model displaying solid red light when powered on - Similar Threads - slim 4GB model

2. The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim

in XBoX on Consoles
    The frozen 4gb xbox 360 slim: Backstory: (2016-2018) I have an xbox 360 slim, the 4 gb version. I was second owner(first one had it from 2014-2016) the 4gb was enough storage at the time because it was barely used and I had...
  3. nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    nepovedena aktualizace xbox 360 slim 4gb [Edit - Translation] - xbox 360 slim 4gb update ...: Dobry den, nedari se mi aktualizovat xbox 360. zkousel jsem to i pres flash disk, ale porad to pise chybu "Can´t update your console". Na konzoli sviti zelene svetlo uprostred a ovladac blika....
  4. Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 slim 4GB with 320GB official HDD won't play original Xbox games: I recently got hold of an Xbox 360 slim, the model that comes with the kinect and the 4GB flash memory. Obviously, that's not nearly enough space, so I ran out and bought an official 320GB HDD...
  5. xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 slim 4Gb no elimina archivos dañados: tengo xbox slim de 4gb y cuando voy a eliminar los archivos dañados los elimina y cuando reinicio están ahí. no se actualiza y por ende no conecta a xbox live . no se que hacer, no deja...
  6. 4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    4gb 360 Slim console will not update or go on live will go on internet: I have a 4gb 360 Slim console it will not update or go on live it will connect to the internet but not update or connect to live. Console had only the 4gb and no other Hard Drive when I bought it...
  7. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB update failure: Hi all, Recently I got an old version but unpacked and so still new XBOX 360 Slim with 4GB. Right after the unpacking and starting with the first instalation process I got to the problem I was...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 4GB won't format: Topic basically says it all. Me and my husband went and bought a white Xbox 360 Slim 4GB from one of those rental stores. (Like rent to own) and got it home. It works fine, plays games fine....
  9. Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Live Slim model 4GB, error code 0x80070571, Have cleared cache and reloaded profile. ...: I'm at a loss to figure why cloud drive not syncing to open my GTA 5 online files. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. After 3rd update to Xbox live that's when I started receiving error...
  10. Xbox 360 slim 4gb 2012 model BAD INTERNAL MEMORY or Corrupt data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 4gb 2012 model BAD INTERNAL MEMORY or Corrupt data: If you have a xbox 360 slim 4gb new model, 2012 and the internal memory went bad, or corrupt, right after you warranty ends, Let get Microsoft to fix our console for free.out of warranty...