Xbox shutting down to overheating when I turn my xbox on and play certain games like...

Discus and support Xbox shutting down to overheating when I turn my xbox on and play certain games like... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/connorcovbadboy [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/connorcovbadboy, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Xbox shutting down to overheating when I turn my xbox on and play certain games like...

/u/connorcovbadboy, Dec 19, 2019
  2. ChrisGary1 Win User

Xbox one X scorpio keeps switching off

So when I got to play certain games such as Red dead Redemption 2, I go to start the game the xbox turns off, I turn it back on and it says due to overheating the xbox shut itself off yet my xbox is well ventilated. Does the same on star wars battlefront
    2, The division, and Metro Exodus
  3. jeff13864 Win User

Xbox One is sluggish and apps time out

So I have a problem I don't know if it's my xbox or just the games having a bug. My xbox crashes and shuts down everytime I tried to play certain games like outriders on the game pass isn't working on my system it just shuts down and I have to manually turn it back on same thing happens with gears operation 6 I need help because I want to enjoy playing with my friend but can't because it keep shutting down.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Shutting down

It would only shut down when you turn it off, or if you leave it idle for some time (there's a setting for that).

It should never shut down abruptly while you're playing a game.

Several questions for you:

- Do you get any sort of error message when you turn it back on?

- Are you able to turn it back on immediately after it shuts off?

- Are the system fans really loud and the console is hot to the touch after it turns off,

perhaps from overheating
    ?
  5. DoctorlyElm19 Win User

Shutting down

It would only shut down when you turn it off, or if you leave it idle for some time (there's a setting for that).

It should never shut down abruptly while you're playing a game.

Several questions for you:

- Do you get any sort of error message when you turn it back on? no

- Are you able to turn it back on immediately after it shuts off? yes

- Are the system fans really loud and the console is hot to the touch after it turns off,

perhaps from overheating
    ?no

Sometimes before it shuts off it freezes as well. it does make a loud noise like a disc is stuck. sometimes it just kicks from games
  6. VystreloK Win User

Console is turning automatic off! :@

Touch the side of the xbox, if its burning hot when it just turned off then its a ventilation problem. If its still pretty cool then make sure all the cables are connected properly, especially the power connector.

Try playing an arcade game or downloaded game. If its still shutting down then it must be overheating.
Thema:

Xbox shutting down to overheating when I turn my xbox on and play certain games like...

1. Xbox shutting down to overheating when I turn my xbox on and play certain games like... - Similar Threads - shutting down overheating

2. Xbox shutting down mid game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shutting down mid game: Hello, I bought a new Xbox series x about 6-8 months ago and just recently it has been giving me problems. The Xbox will run fine for a little bit then when start to play games or launch games it...
  3. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  4. What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    What give Microsoft the right to shut down my games: Okay so i live a little off the grid and as a result my Internet drops off from time to time. I've recently just bought gears tactics (a single player only game mind you) and when my Internet...
  5. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  6. Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X shuts down every night at precisely midnight: As title. Every night for about the last month, our Xbox Series X shuts down at precisely midnight. Doesn’t matter if we’re watching something or playing something. There have been several updates...
  7. My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox on s controller randomly beeped and shut down and when i plug it into a cable it...: I have an xbox one s and the batteries work i even tried to put new batteries which still didn't work. When i take the batteries out and plug the cable in it still makes that long beeping sound....
  8. Games Shutting Down to Overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games Shutting Down to Overheating: Hello Everyone, I’ve been having trouble playing certain games like Rainbox Six and Fortnite, this is due to me getting an error message everytime I go into a game, i’ve cleaned my air box and...
  9. Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Randomly Shuts Down; Gives Overheating Error: Hello, my Series S will consistently shut down after a certain amount of time running a game. At first I thought there was some issue overheating because that was the error message that I received...
  10. Xbox one x shutting down not overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x shutting down not overheating: My xbox one x runs a cloud game fine but if i download the same game my fans speeds up and shuts down the console, any help and i have just tried a new ssd but still the the same problem...