Xbox shut off and wont turn back on

Discus and support Xbox shut off and wont turn back on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One X shut off while playing Rainbow Six and now it wont turn back on. Theres a slight burning smell coming from the power supply and once I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Baby Duck, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Baby Duck
    Baby Duck Guest

My Xbox One X shut off while playing Rainbow Six and now it wont turn back on. Theres a slight burning smell coming from the power supply and once I tried to plug in the power cable again the power
    supply sparked and made a popping sound which is the same sound I heard as it shut off. Wondering if I need to replace the power supply.

:)

Baby Duck, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Deverell26 Win User

Need Help...

Yes the red dot is the power button, but no there is no error code or anything, it just completely shut off and wont turn back on.
  3. JuniorPigeon Win User

360 Keeps shutting off

my xbox also shuts off and turns on by itself and it can't be overheating because it wont stay on long enough to overheat.
  4. LumpiestRaptor0 Win User

*URGENT!* System Update Stuck/Frozen!

my xbox has now just shut itself down and wont turn back on..... this is getting bad.
  5. THE WALTNESS Win User

How to fully turn off?

the xbox one is automaticaly set to update any games that updates or any system updates it will have it installed by the time you log back on you can set it to power off in the settings menu also if you disconnect the kinnect it will fully shut off it stays
    in stand by for the xbox on command. turning off the command does not work with the new update it will still turn on there are still a few bugs needing to work out on microsofts end. also if you are worried about it not shutting off once it has lights out
    you can unplug the xbox form the outlet and know for sure it wont be turning on or listning.
  6. Misses Joust Win User

xbox shutting off and then turning itself back on

G'day newkindalazy! Can you please clarify: Is your console turning off, or are you being disconnected from Xbox Live? The two issues have some very different solutions and I don't want to go down the wrong path with a misunderstanding!
Thema:

1. Xbox shut off and wont turn back on - Similar Threads - shut off wont

2. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart

in XBoX on Consoles
    When preforming an offline update xbox shuts off completely and doesn't restart: When I do a offline update my xbox shuts off midway through the verfying process and doesn't restart to continue. 4f3b165f-a760-483d-9702-9b93a1fb61d0
  5. Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting to the 5Ghz network completely shuts off the 5Ghz signal for all devices: on my xbox series s, every time i connect to my wifi 5Ghz signal it completely shuts off the 5Ghz connection to all my other devices, including my xbox, until i restart my router. none of my other...
  6. Not sure whuts goin on but my xbox one wont work riinor play games n shuts off untill i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not sure whuts goin on but my xbox one wont work riinor play games n shuts off untill i...: Not sure whuts goin on but my xbox one wont work riinor play games n shuts off untill plug into nother outlet baf8cabe-fced-40cf-a970-a370d4fec36f
  7. my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs...: my xbox wont shut off unless i hold the button and also it wont show up on any of my inputs how do i fix this da6a4142-2fd5-465e-9216-30adf4cf3b90
  8. Xbox Series X shut off during gameplay and wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shut off during gameplay and wont turn on: I was playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and the console shut off. The console won't restart. I've tried different outlets, other power cables, and unplugging for 30 minutes but the console won't...
  9. Xbox series X shut off wont turn back on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X shut off wont turn back on: My series X froze mid game then shut off and won't turn back on, ive tried resetting the power supply and no trouble shooting solution has worked yet. ba52a498-c8e5-42ae-b9e0-cd6bc74702e7
  10. Wont download when you shut it off?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wont download when you shut it off?!: Wont download when you shut it off?! The 360 would. It called a background download. I doing something wrong or is not avail. I been through half the posts and I couldn't find anything close...