Xbox showing nothing but a grey screen..... even on troubleshooting startup! Why?

Discus and support Xbox showing nothing but a grey screen..... even on troubleshooting startup! Why? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I turned on my Xbox Series S recently to find a grey screen upon startup. I took the steps to initiate a troubleshoot menu on startup but even that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Enaz Remark, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Enaz Remark
    Enaz Remark Guest

Xbox showing nothing but a grey screen..... even on troubleshooting startup! Why?

I turned on my Xbox Series S recently to find a grey screen upon startup. I took the steps to initiate a troubleshoot menu on startup but even that gives me a grey screen. I have no idea what's going on and I need help!

:)

Enaz Remark, Jun 20, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

If there is an external hard drive connected to your console now, turn off your console then disconnect the external hard drive. Turn on your console without it and see if it turns on properly.

If that doesn't work, try doing a complete power cycle and see if that sorts it out.

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Update Error E102

Hi Marius,

To try and resolve this problem, use the Xbox One startup error troubleshooter:

1. Go to the
      Xbox One Startup Error Solution
    2. Scroll down the screen and select E102.
    3. Follow the instructions in the troubleshooter.

If nothing on the troubleshooter helps, then the console has a hardware failure and would need to be sent in for repair or the console will need to be replaced.
  4. XxcementxX Win User

Xbox freezing and crashing in startup

My xbox is constantly freezing when trying to open apps and games and also struggles to even startup. After waiting on the green loading screen i recived a E200 000000EF 00000000 error code. Why is this happening?
    Hi! This troubleshooter should be able to help https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/startup-error-solution

just scroll down and select E200
  5. XBF - Drew Win User

Problems with Xbox App Win 11

Hi Aspry,

We don't have any updates at this time, thank you for submitting feedback.

XBF-Drew

Edited to include:

Do you get the grey square when you sign in as well? The other thread you posted that you tried troubleshooting steps in shows the grey square but wanted to confirm that the problem is the same.

Try the troubleshooting steps on this thread as 11 other users found them helpful and let us know if it resolves the problem: Xbox stuck on grey login screen - Microsoft Community
  6. Sliverin Win User

Xbox one S takes hours to boot

OK, left it overnight and now it shows an E106 error. I went to do startup troubleshooting from the error screen but when I selected reset everything, the consol froze and nothing happened. I restarted consol and I followed the instructions, holding down
    bind and eject for 15 sec as I press power button but I never hear any second startup tones.
Thema:

1. Xbox showing nothing but a grey screen..... even on troubleshooting startup! Why? - Similar Threads - showing nothing grey

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. capes showing on bedrock and not java

in XBoX on Windows
    capes showing on bedrock and not java: i own the twitch tiktok and cherry and many more capes on bedrock and it doesent apper on java i need help lmao 7bc91843-96e7-41e7-8a2c-1b61f450619c
  5. It's not showing the only way I can verify...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It's not showing the only way I can verify...: I'm trying to use the QR code but it's not showing up for some reason I've been trying to redeem a reward from the reward system but this is my brothers account that he let me have and the email...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. When I turn on my Xbox nothing shows up on the screen and then the fan stops.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox nothing shows up on the screen and then the fan stops.: I just dusted off my xbox series x and tried to turn it on but when i did Nothing showed up on the screen, and then eventually the fan stopped. when i try to turn it off The home button still...
  8. nothing shows up on pc when I power xbox s for the first time

in XBoX Accessibility
    nothing shows up on pc when I power xbox s for the first time: nothing shows up on pc when I power xbox s for the first time bf15f383-23d5-48d6-926d-38b2ca47fd62
  9. On my xbox 360 it shows a block named gold. If I click on it nothing opens. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my xbox 360 it shows a block named gold. If I click on it nothing opens. How do I...: On my xbox 360 it shows a block named gold. If I click on it nothing opens. How do I activate the Xbox live then e8db154b-ada5-4b05-bd68-f4ca70b15ffe
  10. Xbox One external HD showing as full with nothing on it after a system update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One external HD showing as full with nothing on it after a system update.: On Friday 16th June 2023 at 17:23, our Xbox One did a system update. When it was next used on Saturday the 17th June 2023, everything previously installed on the external hard drive was missing....