Xbox should either not allow you to gift out of region content, or learn how to send the...

Discus and support Xbox should either not allow you to gift out of region content, or learn how to send the... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Attempting to gift things to online friends for the Holidays via xbox has been VERY frustration. After about an hour with Microsoft support it has come... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Danielle_Blume, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Xbox should either not allow you to gift out of region content, or learn how to send the...

Attempting to gift things to online friends for the Holidays via xbox has been VERY frustration. After about an hour with Microsoft support it has come to my attention that if you gift an item via xbox store, and they are in another country, your gift cannot be used by them.

How has this huge issue been overlooked for SO long? I found old complaints about this going back to 2014.

Xbox wants us to socialize and make friends globally, yett they have nothing in place to encourage global gifting? How does the xbox store not know the player is in another region? You have to specifically select their username from your friends list. It should be aware and send them the proper code for their region, or in the very least have a warning or popup the user or email you are sending this gift to is out of region. This is very frustrating and has ruined several gifts. It is difficult to obtain codes for other regions to be able to send gifts. This needs to finally be addressed and fixed by xbox.

Anyone else agree, or have this same problem?

submitted by /u/Danielle_Blume
    [link] [comments]

/u/Danielle_Blume, Dec 22, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

region locking

For example using turkey instead. of.your actual region

Also should be noted you can't buy other regional content as your billing method must.match the said region

If you want to do that you must use third party

If you usr shaddy ones that's on you as offical partners are only supported as many people learned great example ee gamepass codes comes with consequences and as people learned using shaddy providers like g2a for out of region codes comes with consequences and not the fun kind

Since it deals with stolen creditcards and you can't turn off autorenewal

For all consoles your billing method must match your acocunt region

And gifting is region locked om all gifting platforms yo prevent fraud and gaming the cost
  3. XBF George L Win User

To unlock the region lock of games when we are gifting to people

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble with sending gifts to people in other regions. Due to evolving business practices and other factors you are not able to gift games or codes to people
    in other regions. If a purchase has been made to send a code to someone in another region they would not be able to obtain the content. I would recommend you fill out a
    Xbox Refund Request Form to get that transaction refunded.
  4. LucasSkyFall Win User

gifting a game in another region

Sending codes or gifts is not allowed between 2 different regions
  5. gds1972 Win User

Money added to wrong account and redeemed gift card isnt refundable?

Hi

On Xbox One it is possible to gift content to another player. When you select a game or DLC in the store you should see the option to buy the content as a gift that will then send a 25 digit code to your son to redeem.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

How can I transfer an xbox game from my Microsoft account to my daughter's xbox account?

Hi there

Sadly you cannot transfer games from one account to another after purchase but you can gift people games buy purchasing them in the same region. But you can set up a home xbox with both your account (Set as Home console *Link below*) and your daughters account
    on the same console, that should allow her to play the game but it's still owned on your account. If you want to send the game to her and you are in the same region the 2nd link should help you in future for this issue.

Set as home console: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

How to send digital games as gift to another account: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...buy-games-apps/gifting-digital-xbox-game-help
Thema:

Xbox should either not allow you to gift out of region content, or learn how to send the...

1. Xbox should either not allow you to gift out of region content, or learn how to send the... - Similar Threads - should either allow

2. My xbox series x freeze, what should i do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x freeze, what should i do: My xbox series x freeze, what should i do 63fb1f84-c986-4dcd-a10a-8765f66da65a
  3. Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix or should i take it for repairs and what needs repairs.: So my xbox one is running 40fps constantly and it is very unplayable. I havent used more than 50% of my storage, i have done hard and soft resets cleared cashes and more but nothing works. Is...
  4. Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should my Xbox X be hot on the sides?: I have had my Xbox for a while now and noticed that the sides of the box are heating up and getting hot when playing. The fan works fine and is blowing hot air out but the box is still heating up....
  5. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  6. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  7. Some ideas that xbox should have

in XboX Insiders
    Some ideas that xbox should have: So basically i’m a streamer and i can’t afford a pc but i can afford a xbox and i want 2 features that could help all xbox streamers a lot! Add streaming studios like OBS, twitch studio, &...
  8. I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I spilt water into my Xbox one S fan, what should I do?: Long story short, I went to get up think my water cup was empty but it turned out it had water in it. In which the water got into the consoles fan or vent area and on surface of the console, it...
  9. New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    New games that should come on xbox cloud gaming: Me personally I think that xbox cloud gaming has done a good job bringing all the 2024 version of sports games back, but we need mortal kombat 1. I feel like it is essential to back the classic...
  10. I think this is a mistake and i should be either unbanned or at least get my ban to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I think this is a mistake and i should be either unbanned or at least get my ban to a ...: Hello, i recently bought an xbox one, it's currently 1 month old, i didn't use it all week last week because i had a cold, on March 2 i decided to turn it on and use it because it's obviously a...